dp311 on another account

tsunshine8

Original poster
Jan 14, 2007
I recently bought a receiver from ebay. when I tried to add it to my account they told me it was still on someone else's account. How can I add this receiver? I tried contacting the seller to get it off but he has not responded. help!

Go to dish home and try to view the account details. There might be enough info there so that you can track down the previous owner. Giant security hole there, to keep in mind when selling a used box from your account.

I bought one once on ebay, the owner was some guy in Philly with > $200 balance but I had his name and address.

Thank You. I tried that and it tell me that the receiver is not associated with a residential account. I called dish and they told me I could not add it to my account because it is still on someone elses. any suggestions?

Last edited:
basically there is nothing you can do on your own. whoever has the reciever on thier account has to call (probably pay whatever outstanding balance they owe) and have it removed from their account.
This is why it is a good idea to get the reciever number and call dish to verify its a clean reciever, before buying on ebay.
Sorry.
you can try emailing the ceo email at dish and perhaps, just maybe, they can do something for you. but I wouldnt get my hopes up

Something like that happened to me. Guy sold a leased receiver. I even called Dish with the number. The CSR reversed the last 2 # and told me it was clean. Sure enough, when I tried to activate it, bad news. Dish did help me out with me sending the leased receiver to them (at their cost) and them giving me a 625 lease, but dropped the lease fee for 18 months as sort of a "reward" for finding & sending them their leased that I bought!

Hopefully you paid through PayPal. File a claim NOW! That should get the sellers attention and maybe you can work it out. Worst case, the seller doesn't respond & you get your $ back (thats what happend with me, got every cent, including shipping charges, refunded to my CCard).

I learned my lesson! I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER RECEIVER ON E-BAY, EVEN IF THE CSR AT DISH SAYS ITS CLEAN! Visit one of the sponsers stores I will!

Best of luck!

The CEO team does not have the ability to deactivate receivers and place them on other accounts, it's against their rules. That said, they know a team that can. The question is, will they ask? Doubt it, but I could be wrong. You'll have to make them want to do it first.

I have bought probably 10 receivers from Ebay, always buy from someone with very good bid history in the hundreds. I have never had a problem and saved hundreds of dollars. That said, I have also bought several from Claude at Dishstore. They are well priced and he will always answer your questions and help you out however he can. I just talked to him today on a 622 and again, he had some great ideas with saving money in the process.

I've sold quite a few Dish Network receivers on eBay. They have always been free and clear. I'd post all of the numbers on them as listed on the info screen. My customers had NEVER had problems in activating any of them. The, again, my feedback is over 1900 POSITIVE.

right, i'm not saying selling recievers on ebay is a bad idea. Personally I've sold quite a few myself. Just make sure if you are buying, that you call and check the reciever numbers before buying.

Like I said, I called before I bid & the CSR told me it was ok. Go to activate and blam, a leased unit. Anyway, mistakes happen and I made out all right. Maybe I'll give E-Bay another chance in the future!

the problem with doing a dispute is that it does not give me the option of selecting unusable. its unusable because its on someone else's account but they only give time sensitive or food damage

Dispute it as not as described/advertised, They described it as being usable, right? Anyway, the key is to get your $ back. The guy who sold it is trying to stick it to you, stick it back to him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)