DP34 picking up only one sat

maximillianc

Original poster
Aug 8, 2006
I just bought a dp34 and tried connecting it to my dp quad; connected to this is a dvr625. I used the same 2 lines that were going into the 625 and were working perfectly; but with the dp34 I can only get either 110 or 119, not both. I've tried switching the inputs to no avail and even ran a third temporary line to the dp34 and it only reports a duplicate 119. Is it just a bad switch? Thank you for any help.

What ports are you using from the DP Quad? I always use Port 1 and Port 2 or Port 3 and Port 4.

You could also clear the switch matrix on the receiver.

Disconnect satellite feed and run check switch.
Connect satellite feed and run check switch.

Although it has been said that they only have luck with using the 2 outside ports or the 2 inside ports, the instructions say to use Ports 1 & 2, or Ports 3 & 4.

My personnal experiences with the DPP44 and the DP34 are that they both need to have center conductors that are longer than what will work on other equipment. Since you had 2 119's, I would take those 2 cables and use them to go from Ports 1 & 2, and connect Port 1 to DP34 Port 1, and 2 to 2.

Thank you very much for your quick replies! I fixed the ports on the quad(was using 1 & 3) and used the two working cables; cleared the switch matrix; and found that apparently port 1 of the dp34 is not working. When I connected the lines to ports 2 & 3 on the switch it worked fine. Thank you once again for your help :bow

Maybe the DP34 Port 1 is looking for the center conductor to be a little longer.
Indeed. My first attempt to plug in a cable into my DP34 resulted in shorting out the center conductor. That's the gummiest insulator on the DP34's F connector I have ever seen. It's not obvious one is plugging in the cable straight, and when you get it a little off-center, it will just poke itself right through the gum to the outer ground.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)