DP34 switch problems

bizzycook

Original poster
Nov 22, 2005
Hello All, We have a 2 receiver set up, and in one room everything works fine, but in another room, I can only pick up satellite 119, no 110 or 105, checked connections at the switch, all seem to be well. Any help will be much apperciatied

Since you are having problems with both satellite receivers we can most likley rule out the receivers and the cabling going to them. We should also be able to eliminate the possibility of the lnbf's because one would think that only one lnbf would go bad at once. I would think that it would either be the cabling going from the lnbf's to the switch or the switch itself. If you had a barrel connector then try to hook it up bypassing the DP-34 swithc. If you do not have a barrel connector then try swapping the wires on the bottom where there are four outputs, the ones going from the DP-34 switch to the receiver. See if you see the same results that you saw on the one receiver on the other receiver.

Bizzy, swap the coax lines on the switch that go to the receivers, if the problem goes from one to the other then your either looking at a bad coax line or a failing switch. If the problem stays at the receiver location then it could be the receiver or potentialy a wall plate that could be bad or incompatible with dish pro.

You said that you was only picking up 119 on one of the receivers. I misread what you had said, sorry. Van is on the right track. Swap cables on switch and if you see the problem in the other room as he indicated above then the problem is in the switch. If it stays in the same room then it is the wire going from that switch to the receiver, a connection in between, or the receiver itself.

You may also want to do a check switch to see if it comes back. I have seen receivers have switch matrixes reset and this fixes the problem. Sometimes a receiver reset (unplugging receiver and plugging it back in) fixes the problem. Most of the time that is not the case though.

Well this is what I did, I found some coax and unhooked the coax coming from the dish to the reciever with the problems, I spliced the extra coax into the other room to the receiver that was working correctly. Everything worked fine, all the channels, all satelites, hooked it back up to the receiver with the problems, still got em, thinking the reciever is messed. I have done the reset by holding the power button and it flickered. About the stuck switch, does that mean unhooking the coax from inside, or all of them including the ones from the LNB's

When they say power down they mean unplug your receiver, wait a couple of min.'s and plug it back in.
That is a hard reset,what you did is not the same.
Hard not meaning it is hard to do but it is just what it is called.

Ok, so if you ran a coax line from the switch to the receiver bypassing what was already there and the problem is still persisting then make sure that your not using the same port that that receiver is on, if the problem continues then you most likely do have a bad receiver and should contact dish about replacing it.

Since you hooked up the wire that was going to the problem receiver to the good receiver then that would most likely indicate that the recdeiver has an issue with it. Did you try hooking up the coax from the good receiver to the problem receiver? See what you get with those results. If your switch matrix does not show 105/121, 110, and 119 in the check switch screen on the problem receiver then those channels will not show up.

I am having the same problems with sat 110 I have narrowed it down to the receiver switch port.
If you have an unused receiver port try hooking the offending room to that port if the problem go's away you fixed it the switch port is bad.
There are 4 independent receiver ports, any one can work with any receiver. To reset the switch you need to either unplug all of the receivers connected to the switch or remove the coax from all of the receivers
Does anyone know where I could find a schematic of this switch, I would like to see what is going on inside this thing or a block diagram?

I do remember swapping the wires on port 1 and 2 with a few customers and that fixed the problem for a while then it came back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)