DP34 Switch

CFGuy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Shawnee, KS
Currently I have 2 switches. At the time of the install I had more than 4 receivers so the second switch was needed.

I have a DP34 switch with 2 outputs going to a 612 receiver in one room and 2 outputs going to another room.
Then the switch outputs of the DP34 is going to a DPP44.
From the DP44 I have one output going to a 722 and one output going to a 612. Both the 612 and the 722 have splitters.

When I got rid of the other receivers I never bothered combining the 4 receivers over to 1 switch going by the "if it ain't broke" method.

Now, it looks like the DPP44 had gone bad. Both receivers on the DPP44 have lost signal. The 2 hooked up to the DP34 are still working just fine.

Since the DP34 has 4 outputs I was thinking of just moving all 4 receivers to the DP34. However, when I tried to move the 722, it won't see the switch with both inputs?

Finally, my question, does the DP34 work with the splitters for the dual tuners?
Or do I have to buy another DPP44 to keep using the splitters?

Reread what you said, and I think you will be able to figure it out.

With a 34sw, any dual tuner rcvr needs 2 lines. With a 33 or 44sw, they only need one line...and use a separator. A 612 is considered a dual tuner receiver.

Are you using the PI for the DPP44 switch? Have you tried just using the DPP44 switch to feed the 3 receivers? That's strange that the DPP44 switch just stopped working. If you move the 612 from the DP34 to the DPP44 switch, remember to run check switch. I would try that just to make sure the DPP44 is dead.

Yeah, I have the Power Inserter for the DPP44. This setup has been working for several years. Originally I had 5 receivers which is why the installer put in the DP34 and the DPP44. If I remember correctly I had one older receiver that needed the DP24. ( It's been too long since it all got installed.) The DP34 is the first switch. Then its output goes to the DPP44. I'm pretty sure the switch is bad. My 722 is getting no signal from it. I moved the 722 wire over to the DP34 and even though it doesn't work with a splitter I am getting a signal on one of the tuners. And the 612 that is on the DPP44 is also not getting any signal.

I ended up ordering a new DPP44 from dishstore and it will be here on Friday so I'll know soon enough.

Ouch. You could have purchased a DPP33 for much less than a DPP44. I think I got mine for around $25 new.

Got the DPP44 delivered today. Removed the old one from my wiring wall and put the new one in place. Headed to the Living Room to check my 722 and by the time I walked in there it was already getting the signal on both tuners.
So my system is back to working like before.

Why do people who have less than 4 boxes use DPP44 switches when a DPP33 switches are cheaper and do not need a power inserter? Makes no sense to me.

In my case, I do have 4 receivers. Used to have 5 and dropped down to 4 about a year ago. I also have wiring ran into other rooms in case I decided to add another receiver in that room. Although that is not a very likely option once Dish raised the price of their receiver fees last year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)