DP44 or DPplusLNB...which one is best for 622 service?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bigthrust

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 30, 2004
I have a 622 replacing a 510. So I have 1 cable coming to the receiver location. I am trying to figure out what would be best, using a DP44 switch or a direct line from my DPplusLNB. Of coarse I have a DP separator at the receiver end. Need some experienced comments on this.

If you have more than two receivers, or expect to have more sometime soon, the DPP44 will be useful. If not, why change? Your DPPTwin will work just fine.

If you have more than two receivers, or expect to have more sometime soon, the DPP44 will be useful. If not, why change? Your DPPTwin will work just fine.

Exactly. One is not superior over the other, except for the expandability with the DPP44. Not a whole lot to be said other than that.

so if I use the DPPTwin....

Another novice question, can I use any of the 3 lines I have coming from my Dish 1000 and use it for the 622? So with that I am assuming, I would take one of the Dish 1000 lines, connect it to my bedroom line (where my new 622 will be located), connect the DP separator and the separator to the 622. Am I correct?

The Dish 1000 (DPP Twin LNB) really only has two output lines. One connector is really an input for an optional 2nd dish. Other than that, yes, you can use either output line to feed the dual tuner, with a DP Separator at the reciever.

The Dish 1000 (DPP Twin LNB) really only has two output lines. One connector is really an input for an optional 2nd dish. Other than that, yes, you can use either output line to feed the dual tuner, with a DP Separator at the reciever.

I have 3 lines coming from my Dish 1000 (1 DPPtwin and 1 single LNB for 129). The lines currently run to a DP34 switch. I will take one of these 3 cables tonight (by-passing the DP34 switch) and set up my 622.

I have 3 lines coming from my Dish 1000 (1 DPPtwin and 1 single LNB for 129). The lines currently run to a DP34 switch. I will take one of these 3 cables tonight (by-passing the DP34 switch) and set up my 622.
Not sure that's gonna do what you want. The DPP Twin has an internal switch, that will mix the 129 input with 110/119, but your 129 isn't connected to that input. And you can't take away any of the DP34 lines and still get all the satellites on each output.

As I see it, if you have two or less receivers, remove the DP34, run the 129 into the DPP Twin input, and just use the DPP Twin outputs.

Otherwise, you'll need to run two lines from the DP34 to your 622, or get the DPP44 switch.

Not sure that's gonna do what you want. The DPP Twin has an internal switch, that will mix the 129 input with 110/119, but your 129 isn't connected to that input. And you can't take away any of the DP34 lines and still get all the satellites on each output.

As I see it, if you have two or less receivers, remove the DP34, run the 129 into the DPP Twin input, and just use the DPP Twin outputs.

Otherwise, you'll need to run two lines from the DP34 to your 622, or get the DPP44 switch.

EXACTLY!

In the long run, and as Zander pointed out, the DPP44 gives you the best shot at expandability. Anesthetically pleasing, it is not...what with the three coax lines running from your dish, down the side of the home, and eventually tying into your switch.

Thanks!

Thanks for all the advise and answers. I think I am going with the DP44 (which will replace my DP34 in my garage) because I do plan on expanding in the future. Also, Dish agreed to pay for it.:up

Got my new DP44 switch installed today. The installer (who was top notch by the way) swapped out the DP34 and then installed the power inverter at the receiver along with the DP seperator. Works like a charm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)