DP44 Switch Help Needed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mspoe

Original poster
Sep 21, 2006

Hello everyone. I am a new member with a need for the community brain trust to answer a few questions. I have a Dish Vip622 HDTV DVR, a Dish PVR721 and two (2) Dish 301 receivers connected to a Dish 1000+ antenna linked by two (2) DP44 switches. I also have cable internet and several VoIP phones. I look forward to learning much about my satellite systems.

I have two (2) DP44 switches that were installed by a Dish technician and any Dish receiver I connect to the second 44 does not work. How are the 44 to 44 connections supposed to be run? A diagram would be nice.

Thanks!!!

Welcome to Satelliteguys! You seem to have an impressive system.

Please post your questions so we can try to answer them. Just be sure to post them in the proper forums so it can be of help to other readers out there with similar problems or concerns.

See ya
Tony

I have one input in the 622, two inputs for the 721, and one each for the 301s. That's five so the second 44 switch was needed.

The 622 is connected to a Sony SXRD 1080p DLP 50" TV. HD looks great. I have watched 3 HD DVDs on it and the difference between 1080i and 1080p is very noticeable.

Thanks all for answering my questions.

Tried that and it would not pass the check switch. Called Dish Tech Support and the level 3 told me the 721 would not work with a separator.

mspoe said:
Tried that and it would not pass the check switch. Called Dish Tech Support and the level 3 told me the 721 would not work with a separator.

My son has two 721's working with a DPP Twin and uses seperators on both of them works great He had had them on a DPP44 and his 721's seemed touchier on the DPP44 than on the DPP twin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts