DP44 switch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

satTV

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 4, 2005
Has anyone had trouble connecting their 4 satellites to the DP44 switch? Mine is giving me all sorts of hell.

In our showroom I connected 110, 119, 61.5, and 121 and after I run a check swtich on the receivers they pick up all the satellite's except 61.5. After spending the day on the phone with tech support they washed their hands of me and said "Have a nice day, and thanks for calling Dish Network".

I know 61.5 has strong signal, cause I connected it direct and got an 86.

I've done everything I could think of, including changing switches, and receivers out.

Any suggestions??

510, 811, 921 - The 510 I got to detect all the satellites, but the 921 is different. It seems to do its own thing.

You have to use a separator in order to keep all 4 sats on the 921... When I first got mine I had 148, 119, 110 and 61.5, I lost one of the wings during a Charlie Chat(coincidence?) and could not keep all 4 until I got a separator. My 501 finds all 4 just fine... also you are hooking 121 to the bottom port right?

Yea, I connected it just like the instructions say each satellite to each port. But it just doesn't detect 61.5.

Ours is set to 110, 119, 61.5, 121. We used to have a DP34 switch connected to the dish's coming in, then it ran from out in the shop, into the showroom and connected to the DP44. Then we removed the DP34 because we thought that was the problem. It didn't work.

So how would the separator work to get the 61.5 to show up on the 921?

What software does yout 921 have? The original software wont see the DPP44 properly.

If you have superdish then they probably are dishpro series LNBs verify if the 61.5 LNB is also DP. It won't work if it legacy series. I already checked with dishnetwork because I was interested in doing the same thing.

First of all, what receivers are connected to what output ports? I personally have seen where there is an issue with any dual tuner receiver hooked up to port 1 (power inserter port). I've also heard of instances, when there is multiple receivers hooked up to the DPP 44 switches, you have to hook up AND download software one receiver at a time when there is a dual tuner involved.

510- Port 1, 811- Port 2, 921- Port 3 and Port 4

The satellites are in the order the instructions say they need to be in... Its not in front of me right now, but I want to say they are 110, 119, 61.5, and 121. The 921 is the only receiver that isn't picking up 61.5 and it's got the latest software.

Also, I called DishNet today to see if they was any way of hooking up a DP34 in order to be able to connect more satellites. They asked me why do I need so many satellites, my response was because I'm bored and I want them. Anyone know of a way of hooking the DP34 to the DP44 and getting more than 4 satellites to show???

Ok. I feel your problem with the 921 is that you have both #3 and #4 ports hooked up to it. What you need to do is use ONLY either #3 or #4 ports (single coax) and THEN utilize a DPP separator to hook up your 921 input feeds
_______input #1
44 switch port #3-------------separator---{ 921
_______input #2

I remeber reading that Mark said that you were supposed to hook the 942 up to ports 1 & 4 on a Quad. However, I also know that E* recommended using either ports 1/2 or 3/4 when connecting a dual tuner to a DP switch, so the 3/4 you have should be fine. Have you tried powering down all 3 receivers and then starting the 921 up, doing a check switch, then the other 2 1 at a time. I have seem problems where the switch was acting up, and the E* CSR said that it had to be powered down to reset the switch.

AFAIK, we have only been able to use a DP21 with a DP+44 to get 5 locations. When hooking another swicth up, it only saw the first. However, Mike didn't have a Twin or Quad handy to test, and I don't have a DP+44 laying around...........

There is a BUG with the 921 software (surprise) using FOUR sats on aa DPP44 you MUST use the DPP seperator it WILL NOT WORK to run two lines from the DPP44 to a 921 at this time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)