DPH 42.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Again, presuming it's the 129º satellite that needs a separate dish, have him live with just a dish that picks up 110/119º. That would technically work today, but Dish may not allow it or an installer may not do it. If that did work, once this switch was made available, have it added and then he'll have the 129º available.

By the way, regarding this switch, I'm positive that customers in Puerto Rico have been receiving them as they have a similar issue with non-standard dish setups.

Reactions: charlesrshell
My Dad still has Dish and is interested in the Hopper 3. Currently, he has a pretty standard HwS setup. However, he has a two dish setup for what I think is all WA satellites (and as I understand it, a two dish setup is currently incompatible with the H3). Will the DPH42 allow him to use his existing Dish/LNB setup and get an H3?

Reading through this thread, it sounds like that is the case, but I wanted to clarify.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Presuming your dad is looking ONLY at WA sats, then I would think Dish would replace the two reflector set-up with a single reflector that can see up to 3 or 4 sats on a single reflector. It is the less expensive and faster, easier install and with all NEW refelctors and LNBF's. That's what they did in my case when I had a two reflector set-up. I think there might even be a Dish Corp policy for Dish Corp installers to change out legacy (not recent ones) installs for brand spanking new state of the art installs for all upgrades, not necesarrily a truck roll to fix a problem, but I don't know that for sure. But for almost every upgrade I've gotten, the Dish Corp installers said he was going to put up new stuff. Of course, that was Dish Corp. installers. A contractor could do it differently.

Well, quite the contrary: today the only way to accomodate more than 1 H3 is with multiple reflectors as each H3 would need its own reflector for core services and even a 2nd for internationals. That would mean a grand total of 4 reflectors for two H3's looking at 4 sats or 2 reflectors for two H3's looking only at core 110, 119, 129. And these installs were made during the early months of the H3 being available, but then Dish changed it policy and no longer allowed ANY multiple H3 installs. The DPH42 will make it possible for Dish to provide multiple H3's looking at up to 4 sats using only ONE reflector that saves Dish on the cost of the upgrade and also provides for fewer points of failure in the future. IMHO, it was a pure MONEY decision to cease multple H3 installs because the addtional reflectors needed were a cost Dish was no longer willing to bear. Many of us are waiting on the DPH42 so that we can have at least 2 H3's on ONE account. BTW, if you want TWO H3's, Dish is HAPPY to provide such an install, but ONLY if you open another Dish account, hence, it has always been technically posssible (remember they were doing 2 H3 install on one account at first, but then shut that down) and it was ALWAYS about the MONEY! Otherwise, why permit such an install ONLY in the case of opening another account, but the DPH42 will permit 2 H3's on the same account. The only variable here is the MONEY! It's a pure business decision on Dish's part, not a technical one.

Presuming your dad is looking ONLY at WA sats, then I would think Dish would replace the two reflector set-up with a single reflector that can see up to 3 or 4 sats on a single reflector. It is the less expensive and faster, easier install and with all NEW refelctors and LNBF's. That's what they did in my case when I had a two reflector set-up. I think there might even be a Dish Corp policy for Dish Corp installers to change out legacy (not recent ones) installs for brand spanking new state of the art installs for all upgrades, not necesarrily a truck roll to fix a problem, but I don't know that for sure. But for almost every upgrade I've gotten, the Dish Corp installers said he was going to put up new stuff. Of course, that was Dish Corp. installers. A contractor could do it differently.

Well, quite the contrary: today the only way to accomodate more than 1 H3 is with multiple reflectors as each H3 would need its own reflector for core services and even a 2nd for internationals. That would mean a grand total of 4 reflectors for two H3's looking at 4 sats or 2 reflectors for two H3's looking only at core 110, 119, 129. And these installs were made during the early months of the H3 being available, but then Dish changed it policy and no longer allowed ANY multiple H3 installs. The DPH42 will make it possible for Dish to provide multiple H3's looking at up to 4 sats using only ONE reflector that saves Dish on the cost of the upgrade and also provides for fewer points of failure in the future. IMHO, it was a pure MONEY decision to cease multple H3 installs because the addtional reflectors needed were a cost Dish was no longer willing to bear. Many of us are waiting on the DPH42 so that we can have at least 2 H3's on ONE account. BTW, if you want TWO H3's, Dish is HAPPY to provide such an install, but ONLY if you open another Dish account, hence, it has always been technically posssible (remember they were doing 2 H3 install on one account at first, but then shut that down) and it was ALWAYS about the MONEY! Otherwise, why permit such an install ONLY in the case of opening another account, but the DPH42 will permit 2 H3's on the same account. The only variable here is the MONEY! It's a pure business decision on Dish's part, not a technical one.

Wow, what a wall of text. Paragraphs or a tl;dr would be nice.

So this new hybrid lnb can see through tree? If not, then a single dish solution will not work for him.

Wow, what a wall of text. Paragraphs or a tl;dr would be nice.

So this new hybrid lnb can see through tree? If not, then a single dish solution will not work for him.

You don't have to read it. You are welcome to just ignore and move on, as I'm sure many do:).

Breaking up paragraphs into smaller bites is not a requirement, but it sure is a courtesy to fellow Forum members to make reading easier on the eyes. Do what you want...

I had the Hopper3 and 2 Joey's installed, nice. Installer used my non pen roof mount and 1 of theRG6 runs from one of my pole mounted 1m antennas with dual DPP LNBF's. 2 of the existing 1m antennas are peaked for eastern arch. Still waiting for the release of DPH42 to use them for less rain fade. There isn't much info for non CONUS install, which is basically what I have.

My present system configuration is as follows:
61.5 - Winegard DS-2117 satellite dish with Dish Pro Single LNBF.
72.7 - Winegard DS-2117 satellite dish with Dish Pro Single LNBF.
118.7 – Dish 500+ satellite dish with Dish Pro DSS/FSS Dual Band LNBF.
The LNBFs are connected to a DPP44 which is connected to a Duo Node.
Connected to the Duo Node are two Hopper with Slings and one 4K Joey .

From a hardware standpoint, will replacing the DPP44 and Duo Node with a DPH42, DISH Pro Hybrid Solo Hubs and the appropriate splitters allow me to replace the two Hopper with Slings with two Hopper 3s without any changes to the dishes and LNBFs?

Thanks.

Last edited:
It's a Puerto Rican dealer. There have been reports H3 installs have started there using the switch for a month or so now (previously the H3 wasn't available).
I tried to call that Puerto Rico retailer but their mailbox was full. Couldn't leave a message.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts