Dpp 119, 110 and 61.5 on separate dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mtnbiker

Original poster
Mar 29, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Am having trouble getting the eastern arc in nova scotia, so was wondering if I could tune into the 119 and 110 satellites which I know I can get a strong signal, then put a 1 meter dish up to get the 61.5 satellite. I know I can get the signals, but wondering if the receiver will be able to download the program guide without issues. I will be using all dpp lnbs for this setup.

Thanks in advance.

I would assume he wants HD and 129 is way too low on the horizon (or even below it)

The guide comes off of 110 & 119 with the EEPG (9 day guide) off 119

I was told the hd was on 61.5 and that is why I wanted that. I wonder if I got a 1 meter dish for the 72.7 instead? And would the guide include all 3 satellites? I just want to make sure I get the best set up for my area.
Thanks again for your help

You get the guide according to the channels you see, if you do not have a line of site to a sat you will not get the info on any channel from that orbital location.

Just a note that Dish service is not available in Canada, I believe service is provided by Bell Vu with Dish receivers.

This setup is for someone who has a house in Florida and comes here a few months a year. I am aware of the Canadian providers.
I have set many people up with 110, 119,118.7 and 61.5 but never 72.7.

That's what I'm thinking, but was on the phone with an installer from Maine who claims he could fix in 15 minutes if he was there. He says he installs throughout new Brunswick without any issues. Thanks for all your responses.

Do you have his phone number.
I have the same problem. Maybe he could explain how to get a decent signal. I'm only getting orange on 72.7.
That's what I'm thinking, but was on the phone with an installer from Maine who claims he could fix in 15 minutes if he was there. He says he installs throughout new Brunswick without any issues. Thanks for all your responses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)