Dpp 44 Advanced Lnb Types

Bountykiller

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Feb 22, 2004
Hey guys,
I was wondering something about the DPP 44 and hoping that someone with FIRST HAND experience can answer this possibly for me... Is it possible to have more than one "FEED" style lnb. Right now i have 119 as a dual, 110 as a feed and 129 as a dual. I tried recently to put 110 and 119 as a feed and it did not like that. It showed in the check switch detection program that it did find 119 but put an x next to it. I am not sure if that lnb was faulty or what, but I would like to ask if anyone has had experience using more than one FEED at a time. I know it should only refer to the free ports, but it does not seem to like it. Before someone asks why i would like to even do that, i am NOT using a small 18 inch or 24 inch dish etc. I am on the fringe and using 6 footers. I have some invacom 0.3 lnb's stacked (Yes they are stacked properly via a custom made stacker before someone tries to tell me they arent stackable ;0 ) Anyone? Iceberg? you seem to know lots about this sort of setup...? Basically i am planning on going all "FEED", but i dont want to fork out more cash for stackers and the invacom lnb's if theres going to be a detection issue! ;0

-B

Last edited:
Never worked with a DPP44 so I really don't know but when I had Dish (DP34) I thought "feed" meant it was either a Twin involved or a Single output LNB

Duals said "dual"

With the superdish... were they not two "feeds" (110 and 105/121) and one dual (119)? (i edited the above post btw as i accidentally said I was looking for all dual when i meant to say I want to go all "feed" / single.) Did either of you ever have a superdish then to confirm that it can do more than one "feed" at a time. I am guessing that there is some technical difference between a feed and a dual. After all if the dual was simply a feed with a DC block and pass style splitter on it, it would still show as a feed and only one input could be used in a single setup due to the DC block. I am guessing there is a definite difference there somehow...? I am not soo sure that for some reason the IRd likes controlling more than one feed style input.

-B

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts