Dpp+44 And Dp34 Switch

code10

Original poster
Oct 31, 2004
I have a DPP+44 switch and a DP34 switch, can I add the DP34 to the additional switch outputs of the DPP+44? The goal is to get eight outputs, or am I just dreaming.

yes, but you won't get the 4th Sat. on the DP-34 receivers.
connect the 1st 3 "to additional switch" outputs on the DPP-44 to the Sat. inputs on the DP-34. The DP-34 will then be able to supply 4 recievers with those 3 Sat's.

Thanks for the quick reply. I will try it out, I just didn't want to burn anything up, my old 7200 won't see the fourth input 121 sat anyhow.

DPP44 and DP34

I asked this on another forum and others were concerned that the Power Inserter(although connected only to receiver port 1 of DPP44) would burn up the DP34.... I couldn't imagine why the power would go into the pass through ports, but just curious....

Has this been tested somewhere because I would like to do the same thing.

Thanks!!!

I've done it, it'll work fine...though I am sure you realize that you will loose visiability to 1 satellite on receivers connected to the DP34.

Jason

dstrouth said:
I asked this on another forum and others were concerned that the Power Inserter(although connected only to receiver port 1 of DPP44) would burn up the DP34.... I couldn't imagine why the power would go into the pass through ports, but just curious....

Has this been tested somewhere because I would like to do the same thing.

Thanks!!!
I'm doing it and it works just fine.

nippjas said:
I've done it, it'll work fine...though I am sure you realize that you will loose visiability to 1 satellite on receivers connected to the DP34.

Jason

Specifically the 4th satellite, if you have one. If you only hook up 3 satellites to the dpp44, then you see all 3 on the dp34. Just wanted to clarify, didn't want anyone out there thinking you always lose one :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts