Dpp 44 question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ToddG

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 30, 2003
I want to upgrade from a 942 to a 622 and my locals are on 105. I now have a superdish and no line of sight to 129 sat. If needed, will dish network install a dish 500 at 61.5 and install the dpp sw44 at no cost or will they charge me for the switch?

Thanks,
Todd

Yes I do have HD locals but if I give up my locals on dish, I will lose my guide data.

Why would they do it for free? You'll have to commit to another 18 months, I'd bet. I could be wrong but I also believe you can get up to Silver on the HD pack off the 61.5.

Guess you get your locals from either, Sioux, IA; Columbus, OH; Charleston/Huntington, WV; Dayton, OH; Clarksburg- Weston, WV; or Charlottesville, VA. It looks like the SD Locals for those cities are on both 105 and 129, but I did not see any HD Locals for those areas.

I imagine with either an upgrade to programming and/or a commitment, they will probably do it. If they are willing to give you a dish for the extra programming, they should furnish the correct switch.

But I suspect the CSR will say you need a Dish 1000 with either a DPP Twin or a DP34; so that you can get the HD programming and your SD Locals off of 129. :D I don't think they take a customers word for anything.

I'm confused. :D
You must be using a 942 for DVR and OTA-HD, and probably own it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts