dpp 44 switch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sam 1207

Original poster
Feb 15, 2006
panama city fl.
Hi all i have a question which ive heard 10 differnt ans for so i figured i woud ask the best sat guys.I currently have 2 dish 500s hooked up and have 2 rec a 811 and a 301 i have the top 120 plus hd package and voom channels. On tues i will be having a 622 installed and keep my 811 and getting rid of the 301. The 622 will go to a hd tv and a non hd tv the 811 will go to another hd tv and i will be switching to hd silver package so heres my question? will i need a 44 switch and if so is it included in my upgrade i would think it should be or will the 34 switch which i forgot to mention sorry that is hooked up will be enought for the 622 811 and both dishs.Im also in fl. panhandle northwest fl. panama city 32444 which i heard doesent need a dish 1000 but i dont know i just want it hooked right any advice would be greatly appre thanks again. SAM.:)

Do you have a Dish 500 for 110/119 and another for 61.5? Or do you have a Dish 500 for each receiver that just gets 110/119? If you have a 3 satellite hook up (option 1 above), do you have Dish Pro LNBs? If so you can just pluc the 61.5 line into the Dish 500 input and run 1 line to the 811 and 1 line to the 622 (using a separater on the 622). If you do not have Dish Pro LNBs you'll need a 34 switch (3 satellite locations and you'll use 3 of the 4 outputs - 1 to the 811 and 2 lines to the 622).

Lakebum is getting all complicated. Assuming you only need 3 orbital slots, all you need is a dish pro plus twin and a DP Dual. The pro plus will replace the twin you currently have for 110/119 and the DP Dual will go to the input on the DP plus, pulling down 61.5 or 119.

Dish is pushing us to use the 1000 B/C all future HD is going up on 129 (so they told one of my customers, anyway). If you get a dish 1000, it includes the appropriate LNBs to run 2 recievers with one line each. No need for a DPP44 unless you have a fourth satellite to bring in.

Dish pro is NOT compatible with a seperator. You need plus for that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)