DPP 625 Receiver off of DP QUAD on one line

tony-mt

Original poster
Sep 15, 2010
SW MT
625 receiver is not working with DPP Separator on one line, presumably because I am running the signal line from a DP QUAD LNBF. I do have an open LNBF port on my dish, but do not want to run another line to the receiver. My question is, will installing a DPP 33 switch with the DP QUAD followed by the DPP Separator allow me to use just one signal line? And, can I just use the switch on the one line right at the receiver, or do I have to connect all three signal lines from the LNBF through the DPP 33? Any input greatly appreciated! Other two receivers are DP Solo 301's and working fine.

For the DPP33 to work you'll need one line per orbital location. In the case of a Quad LNB, you'll need 2 lines coming from the dish to the switch. One for 119 and one for 110.

Thanks, Randall. It won't be a problem to just place the DPP 33 near the Dish, where there is a four-port coaxial connector already. Will the Solo receivers have trouble recognizing the switch? I understand that there is a software upgrade needed for the Solos to run off the DPP33. I will probably have to run Check Switch on The solos, and then will the software be downloaded, or should it already be available on the receiver from previous downloads?

The software should already be downloaded if the single receivers have been connected to the dish. Yes, placing the switch near the dish might be your best solution and all you need to do is run check switch on the receivers.

Well, considering how the switch is designed to distribute three satellite signals, but I am only using two, Can I just connect two signal lines from the DP QUAD to the switch, and then run the three receiver lines I need from the switch? Will it hurt anything to connect all three 110-119 lines from the LNB to the 3 switch ports?

Can I just connect two signal lines from the DP QUAD to the switch

Yes, you can. The third port is for a 3rd orbital location like 129, 61.5, etc... You will feed the 3 receivers from the switch.

Will it hurt anything to connect all three 110-119 lines from the LNB to the 3 switch ports?

You only need 2 lines, one for 119 and one for 110. The DP Quad has a built in switch, in essence it's a DP24. Two orbital locations to 4 receivers.

More info on the DPP33 here:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne.../78034-first-look-dishpro-plus-33-switch.html

Last edited:
Thank you very much, Randall! Do you think the switch should solve my one-line 625 problem and allow me to use the Separator?

Awesome, this place is great, thanks again, Randall. Dish Network technical assistance had no idea what I was talking about!

Okay, one more question. I have not received my DPP 33 switch or instructions yet, and have not seen this an any internet research: Does it matter which Satellite In port that the DP QUAD 119 and 110 signals go in to on the DPP 33? I do understand that Ports 1 and 3 on the DP QUAD are for the 119, while Ports 2 and 4 are for the 110 signal, and that the DPP 33 overrides the switching mechanism in the QUAD. Is that correct? THANKS!!

When using switches, I always connected 119 in port 1 and 110 in port 2. By default, receivers looks for 119. Yes, the built-in switch in the Quad is disabled when using an external switch.

Your help is greatly appreciated, Randall. Thanks again. Can't wait to get that switch so I can get that Dual DVR working for us!

Hooked the switch up today with two lines from the LNB and everything seems to be working fine. Check Switch showed that there was a problem, but I think that was from not recognizing a third satellite off of the DPP33. Now I have an extra line off of the LNB if I want to put another receiver somewhere. Thanks very much for your help, Randall.