DPP+ and legacy receiver

tlbrewer

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 30, 2004
I have a DPP+ twin lnb utilizing the lnb in port to pick up some locals on a second dish. These feed my 522. I hooked up a model 4000 receiver and ran check switch. It sees the lnb as sw64. Everything seems ok. I have read where I can use the legacy equipment, but cannot utilize the lnb in port if you do so. What will happen if I activate the receiver in its current configuration? Do I need to disconnect the second dish from the DPP+? Also, how heat tolerant are the 4000 receivers? Right now, I have it in my attic splitting to two televisions. I live in Texas and it will see some heat up there. Thanks.

You can use legacy receivers with DPP lnb so long as a dishpro receiver is also hooked up. I hadn't heard you couldn't use the second sat in so I would go ahead and activate it, shut it off at the front panel for an hour so it looks for a software update, and see what happens.

You can use legacy receivers with DPP LNBF's as long as 2 total receivers are hooked up to it. One legacy rcvr doesn't send enough voltage to the lnb to power it up.

What the guys aren't saying is the converse:

You CAN have a Legacy receiver on output #2 of the DPP-Twin as long as a DishPro receiver is on Output #1. That receiver MUST stay plugged in. The Legacy receiver SHOULD see the 3rd bird.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)