DPP: Five satellites, one coax

AntAltMike

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 28, 2005
Can it be done? Can I use a DPP 21 in concert with a DPP44 two get agile access to five DISH satellites? It seems to me that even if there was protocol support cabability for five Legacy inputs, the DPP would face the added burden of sometimes having to call for signals from each of its ports at the same time.

He got it to recognize five satellites, but only used a DP21 to straddle the DPP44 and single DP dish outputs, which would not permit total agility, meaning that you couldn't have one tuner simultaneously tuning one transponder from a satellite connected to the DPP44 and another from the fifth dish.

I have searched for evidence of the existence of a DPP21 in vain. I tentatively conclude that product does not exist.

Since the 129 slot has an elevation angle of just 20 degrees here in Washington DC and maybe even a little lower in New England, it doesn;t seem plausible that DISH will assign any unique national programming there, so it looks like I will be just going with 61.5/110/118.7/119 for my four satellite system for this building. Our HDTV locals are also on 61.5.

"He got it to recognize five satellites, but only used a DP21 to straddle the DPP44 and single DP dish outputs, which would not permit total agility, meaning that you couldn't have one tuner simultaneously tuning one transponder from a satellite connected to the DPP44 and another from the fifth dish."

If you're talking about having 5 satellites for dual tuners receivers on a single cable, NO it can't be done. You'll need two cable runs for a dual tuner receivers to see 5 satellites and also 2 DP21s.

That is correct, if you want your 2 tuner receivers to see 5 satellites, you have to run a separate cable to each input and each cable needs its own DP21 connected to a DPP44 and a 5th satellite Dish. One cannot use the DPP separator in this configuration.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts