This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

DPP LNBS From 1000.2 on Winegard 30" dish?

dloop

Original poster
Nov 28, 2007
I'm upgrading to Dish HD soon and I need to be on a single dish solution (homeowners association). I own (but not installed yet) a 1000.2 but I've heard from other knowledgeable folks that live in my area (north of Seattle) that it probably won't bring in 110, 119 and 129 satisfactory.

If I were to pick up a Winegard 30" dish, can I just mount the DPP 1000.2 LNBs on the Winegard? Do I need any special mounting adapter?

Thanks.

No

The W30 you are talking about isn't designed to mount multi LNB's. The aperture is designed for a single focal point of a single LNB.

plus the focal length is different between a 30" dish and a D1000 so you would get worse reception

but as for the single dish solution, the HOA can shove it. As long as the dishes are under a meter and on your EXCLUSIVE area you can put as many as you want. My HOA tried that single dish bs thing. I have 5 dishes (one on the roof and 4 on the deck)