DPP Multiswitch Location

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Not meaning to hijack this thread,but as soon as I clear the trees from my back yard for LOS,I plan on getting Dish installed to complement my DIRECTV subscription(D* dedicated to sports & E* dedicated to movies & hidef programming not carried by D*). I had Charter Cable,so I still have the RG6 wiring running through my house with the box that holds the 3-way splitter attached to the side of my house. I believe the box is large enough to house a DPP44 & there is a ground already set up in the bo:mad:stupid question,can a ground wire be directly attached to the DPP44?). The connectors to the RG6 are "crimp connectors," but it would be no problem for me to replace them with "authorized PPC EX6XL connectors."

Not meaning to hijack this thread,but as soon as I clear the trees from my back yard for LOS,I plan on getting Dish installed to complement my DIRECTV subscription(D* dedicated to sports & E* dedicated to movies & hidef programming not carried by D*). I had Charter Cable,so I still have the RG6 wiring running through my house with the box that holds the 3-way splitter attached to the side of my house. I believe the box is large enough to house a DPP44 & there is a ground already set up in the bo:mad:stupid question,can a ground wire be directly attached to the DPP44?). The connectors to the RG6 are "crimp connectors," but it would be no problem for me to replace them with "authorized PPC EX6XL connectors."

My mistake about the connectors already attached to my cables. They are Thomas & Betts SNS1P6U ULTIMATE Snap-N-Seal One Piece "F" Connectors.

Per code: switches are not aloud at the dish and should be grounded to the ground block, which should be located near the entry point anyways.

Mine are at the dish, which is next to the entry point into the attic. And not grounded. In over ten years, I've never had a grounded dish at two locations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts