DPP SIGNAL Will This Work?

dbajaer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 27, 2005
Trailer Park and need to use existing antennas. Need to get a DishPro plus signal to a 612 receiver and use single line. Have an antenna on 119 using a DishPro lnb and a DP34, want to take a feed from the 34 and run it into a DPP twin, into the single input with the 119 signal, and use only the 119 part of the DPP twin's horn on Sat 129 on the antenna at this location. How will the receiver react at switch test? I realize the DPP twin normally has 119, 110 and a third signal on the input, will the 612 see and use 129 and 119 in those positions? Has anyone ever done this? I tried the DPP Twin by itself on 129 coming in through the 119 horn and of course just looking at it on my Birdog all looks ok. Long way from a switch test...This is sort of like an early morning brain teaser over a cup of coffee, I know a DPP44 likes to have the 119 on Dish #1 but perhaps the DPP Twin is not as intelligent! Or is it going to make the 612 throw-up?

I think the larger problem may be that the 34 switch cannot be used with a separator to be able to use a single line in. I don't think the receiver is going to care whether you have 110 and 119 coming through the LNB or 119 and 129. If you have a DPP Twin LNB assembly, it already has a built-in switch and the 34 isn't needed. A single line will work with a separator in that case.

The secret to success is to put the DPP Twin on 110W/119W. If you need more that two feeds, you need one or more DPP44s.

Unless there is a LOS problem, it might be time to move to a Dish1000.2.

Thanks

Sounds like a good plan, I will use a dual to feed one side to the 34 and take the other side to the twin. I will try it on my home system first, my antennas are on the ground and easy to swap out the LNB's. I thought perhaps that it would look like two switches in a row going through the 34 to the twin. Off to try it out...

Tried the dual LNB to 119, connected one side to the DPP twin in the input connection, placed the DPP twin on Sat 129 on the horn for 119. Did a switch test, my 211 showed, #1 sat 129, #2 blank, #3 sat 119 dual, everything works just fine, so did the same thing with the 612. Now it says the same for Input #1, however, Imput #2, shows, all red, does not name Satellites. Shows dual in #3. Customer is happy, has his HD. I think there may be problem when using the DVR? Oh to live on the fringe...We are of course a bit South, to have some HD is more than we ever thought would happen.....I think its a problem for DPP, perhaps the 612 wants the 119 and 129 in the correct places on the Twin? If input #1 is happy why not #2?

how to make it all work

point the dish pro pluss at the right sat 110 119 take the other dish piont it at the 129 with a dp dual plug that into the input on the dpp no sw 34 conect seperator everything is up

Satmanjohn is absolutely correct! If you are a bit South, you may not be getting 110, just point the DPP Twin at 119, use your wing sat to bring in 129 and run that into the input on the DPP. Do not use another switch as one is already inside the DPP and marries the signal and sends it all to the receiver, then on a dual receiver use the Dish Separator, single just connect. Problem I have is trying to use a Birdog to read the DPP Twin, no good answers except for substitution of another LNB to test and then replace it with the DPP. Enjoy your trip South.

I think the larger problem may be that the 34 switch cannot be used with a separator to be able to use a single line in. I don't think the receiver is going to care whether you have 110 and 119 coming through the LNB or 119 and 129. If you have a DPP Twin LNB assembly, it already has a built-in switch and the 34 isn't needed. A single line will work with a separator in that case.

I had rented a house a few years ago that had line of site issues with 110. I used a Dish500 for 129 and 119 and then used a seperate 24 inch Dish for just 110.

The funney thing is that after I moved out the people who rented the place after me got DISH Network also. (But not from me)

All the installer had to do was install a new DP33 or DP44 Switch in the basement as I took that with me when I moved out, but the idiot installer assigned to the job goes and installs a new 1000.2 right in the spot where I determined their was line of site issues.

I hate to see if that customer is having issue