DPP Twin and 522 setup

tlbrewer

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 30, 2004
I am going to be replacing my legacy lnb with a dpp twin to run to my new 522. When I read the technical bulletin on installing the dpp twin, it mentions that in order to set up a 522 type receiver that I have to use a dpp splitter to get the software updates before I install the dpp separator and run it to the 522.

1. Is that really necessary? Can I install the 522 with the dpp and get the updates, or can I use the existing legacy feed to get the updates before switching to the dpp twin?
2. If I diplex in my ota to the 522 and split the tv2 coax output to get a feed to my other three tvs, will my ota be transmitted with the 522 signal or will I have to combine the ota in again?
3. Can I simultaneously use the rca outs and coax from the tv2 out?

Thanks in advance for any help.

You can use the existing Legacy feed to update the 522 before going to the DPP stuff. you might need two feeds to do it though. I just ran the 2nd cable from the other room to the 2nd input on my receiver for this.

I don't think that you can diplex OTA and TV2 output on the same cable. You can Diplex OTA & Sat feeds because they reside in separate frequency bands. But TV2 operates in the same OTA band (channel modulation), so they would likely interfere with each other. Ie, if you set TV2 to output on ch 30, then it would occupy the same frequency as OTA ch 30. But you might be able to combine then with a splitter in reverse. I've done that before, but it didn't look so good.

I think that you can use RCA and Coax outs simultaneously.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts