DPP Twin and DP single for 110/119/129

javier911

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 29, 2004
I've been searching and reading, but just want to make sure I have this correct.

Use a Dish Pro Plus twin for 110/119 on the Y adapter on an old Bell dish. The dish was an older Bell dual legacy that can get 110/119, and it looks like the DPP twin will mount right onto the Y piece.

Then setup a second dish with a Dish Pro (do I need Plus?) single for 129, and connect that into the IN port on the DPP twin.

The cable goes from the DPP twin to a single VIP211 receiver for 110/119/129. Any problems here?

I've been searching and reading, but just want to make sure I have this correct.

Use a Dish Pro Plus twin for 110/119 on the Y adapter on an old Bell dish. The dish was an older Bell dual legacy that can get 110/119, and it looks like the DPP twin will mount right onto the Y piece.

Then setup a second dish with a Dish Pro (do I need Plus?) single for 129, and connect that into the IN port on the DPP twin.

The cable goes from the DPP twin to a single VIP211 receiver for 110/119/129. Any problems here?
Nope, should work perfectly.

Very slight nomenclature issue. There is no such thing as a DishPro Plus single (or dual), so you don't have to worry about buying one one of those. You will likely need to buy a DishPro dual, since the singles are no longer made and very scarce.

Very slight nomenclature issue. There is no such thing as a DishPro Plus single (or dual), so you don't have to worry about buying one one of those. You will likely need to buy a DishPro dual, since the singles are no longer made and very scarce.

Hi, DP Plus not the same as DishPro Plus?

Later, DC

Attachments

• dpplusIMGP9796.JPG
    dpplusIMGP9796.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 158

I got the LNB tonight, and though I haven't tested it yet I did want to check again here because it does have the DP PLUS logo on the inside tag/sticker that also has the lot num. and P/N.

On the other side, the outside surface you would see when installed, the logo appears to be only the DP logo, not having the "Plus" addition.

So is this thing a DP or DPPlus? I wanted to ask before connecting it as others have said it's bad to put a DPPlus output into another DPPlus switched unit.

They still make singles. We get new ones in the warehouse all the time. We have those more often than duals. And yes, they are new not remans.

I got the LNB tonight, and though I haven't tested it yet I did want to check again here because it does have the DP PLUS logo on the inside tag/sticker that also has the lot num. and P/N.

On the other side, the outside surface you would see when installed, the logo appears to be only the DP logo, not having the "Plus" addition.

So is this thing a DP or DPPlus? I wanted to ask before connecting it as others have said it's bad to put a DPPlus output into another DPPlus switched unit.

They never made DPP duals or singles so you have the correct LNB.

Ok, so I hooked up the new LNB to the DPP Twin and check switch looks good. Just for reference in case anyone was wondering why I was confused, here is a photo of the LNB:

As you can see it has the regular Dish Pro logo on one side, but the Dish Pro Plus on the other. Anyone know why it would have the Plus logo? As far as others have said, a Dish Pro Plus of this LNB is not supposed to exist. Maybe the logo is just to indicate that it's compatible with DPPlus equipment?

Anyway, thanks for the help.

Huh. That's definitely a dp dual. Seems like the wrong label on the inside above the dual outputs. Now I'm going to pull 2 spares out of my drawers and see what they say.

Ok, so I hooked up the new LNB to the DPP Twin and check switch looks good. Just for reference in case anyone was wondering why I was confused, here is a photo of the LNB:

As you can see it has the regular Dish Pro logo on one side, but the Dish Pro Plus on the other. Anyone know why it would have the Plus logo? As far as others have said, a Dish Pro Plus of this LNB is not supposed to exist. Maybe the logo is just to indicate that it's compatible with DPPlus equipment?

Anyway, thanks for the help.

It's just a labeling mistake. I've seen it before.

I just checked my two spare duals and they have consistent DP labels on both sides.