DPP Twin/FSS question

webbydude said:
The receiver had just been installed last week and apparently the customer didn't order all her channels correctly and needed some internationals.

I've had that happen twice. Once, a mover. I called to activate it 3 times and it wouldn't come on, so the third CSR decided to look at programming. They were supposed to get TV5 ONLY, which dish neglected to put on the work order. The CSR was like "oh, dear. somebody will have to go and fix that." I don't know why she thought that. I had to move the dish to hit the 61.5, but I did it, and replaced the twin with a Legacy dual.

Had a service call that was the same thing, just different channels. I don't know why that didn't occur to the first guy. I ended up doing it for free (got charged back), because the jerk wouldn't allow me access to his bedroom TV to do the check switch. I hate customers sometimes. I explained the checkswitch and demonstrated to him how to do it, but that service call still made it past the call center and the retards working there.

I have done several sd upgrades and used the dpp twin as the switch. Since dish seems to be sticking with mostly two reciever installs, why don't they build that same switch into the superdish lnb? i WILL TELL YOU WHY THEY ARE A--HOLES

I was wondering they they were not building those same switches into the SuperDish as well. Maybe they had those lnbf's and switches made in bulk and need to rid of them. They are reimbursing ALL retailers less on those additional outlet installs even though they say their excuse is due to the fact that there should be less time and money involved since you can run two tuners off of one wire from the satellite to the receiver. This is NOT the case with a SuperDish. It still requires one wire to each tuner with the DP-34 switch.

I guess I wouldn't have too much of a problem with lesser reimbursements to the retailers, but Dish is also making it increasingly difficult to utilize a DPP44 switch with a superdish. The RSP I work with is totally intimidated by that fact To the point of where we're not allowed to use a DPP44 unless there's a 4-satellite location situation. That was the whole reason and rationale behind my little exercise in the 1st place.

first of all yes, running a 121 or 105 into a DPP twin works just fine, mine has been that way for 1 year now, I have a single dish for the FSS 121 , and of course the 500 for the 110 119, with the standalone FSS I have 105 for signal on the 121 where with the Super Dish the highest signals up here are in the 80's. we have several hundred set up this way in the lakes region due to LOS issues, working just fine, plus you can use the DPP technology than without a 44

how big -is- it?

Dish Dude said:
I have a single dish for the FSS 121 , and of course the [Dish]500 for the 110 119,
with the standalone FSS I have 105 for signal on the 121 where with the Super Dish the highest signals up here are in the 80's.
we have several hundred set up this way in the lakes region due to LOS issues, ...
Very interesting.
What are you using for dishes for 121, some of the 30" FTA dishes?
That combo you described probably costs a lot less than a SuperDish, too.
Only someone refusing dual dishes would complain. ;)
Sounds like a great package.

no I had some issues in the area with interference on the FSS signal, i asked around about a way to compensate for the issue, the dish is a bit bigger than the SUPER DISH but mounts the same way. yep it is cheaper, and better signal as well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)