dpp twin to input of another?

empiretc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 4, 2008
Are there any problem with connecting a dpp twin lnb to the input of another? My wing dish with a dp dual is showing drift, and I only have another dpp twin to test with.

by the sysinfo screen found here on page 16, it seems like it will be fine:

http://www.dishretailer.com/dpp/dpptwin.pdf

is it safe to say that the outputs will default to corresponding location in the same way it does when a dpp twin is connected to a dp44?

this is what it looks like by that picture as all 3 locations state "twin" on dpp twin.

The DPP LNBs have a switch built in. It is not a good idea to feed one into another. It will work for a while, but will eventually fail. Try to find a single or dual.

i have heard that before, but has it really happened to anyone? It is hard to believe the PDF would be published in such a way if there is hard evidence that they would fail. Same could be said about connect them to an external switch.

I have a dp dual now, but just wanted to so some testing because of the e-13 drift message. I have not had any problems though.

I have a dp dual now, but just wanted to so some testing because of the e-13 drift message. I have not had any problems though.

Just cause its showing LNB Drift doesn't mean the LNB will fail or is bad if its not causing a problem. It may last for several more years...who knows.

But to answer your question - No do not run a DPP Twin into the input of another cause it will just cancel out the switch in one of them and do you no good. Just get on ebay or something and find you a cheap little dual to replace your other if you want to.