DPP Twin

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Paradox-SJ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 20, 2003
San Jose, California
DPP Twin + DPP 44 = Easy 5 bird hookup

With the DPP Twins coming out next week it would seem that we now have an easy path to pulling down five birds if you use it in conjunction with a DPP 44 switch.

I wonder which SatGuy user will be the first to REQUIRE such a setup...

According to the DPP Twin tech sheet, the internal DPP switch is disabled when connected to another switch. Therefore you lose the internal "DPP-32" switch (and the 3rd Sat. input) when you connect to a DP-34 or DPP-44, and any DishProPlus advantage when you connect to a DP-34.

DPP twin works great just a note if you use a SAT buddy meter you will only get a max of 6 or 7 on the meter. The meter goes to the voltage reading when it is attached to the twin no fix for that just cycle to the signal reading.

Paradox-SJ said:
With the DPP Twins coming out next week it would seem that we now have an easy path to pulling down five birds if you use it in conjunction with a DPP 44 switch.

I wonder which SatGuy user will be the first to REQUIRE such a setup...

It's already easy, using a DP21 between the receiver and the DPP44. I only get one channel from 121 ("congratulations you have a superdish") but I just had to do it!

Well, I guess we have a theoretical 7 birds setup possible now (not that any receivers can handle it) using a DPP Twin, DPP44, and DP21 to combine them - except I don't know if anyone has successfully put a switch device on the DP21 Port #2 when there's a switch on it's Port #1.

DPP Twin Installation Information

Here is the DPP Twin Installation Information guide.

A few notes from it:

• DP Plus dual-tuner receivers require a software download to complete the installation. A special download procedure is included in the user guide.
• There is a 200’ cable length limit for DISH Pro and DP Plus dual-tuner receivers with some additional limitations as detailed in the user guide.
• When connecting a Legacy receiver, a second receiver must also be connected to power the LNBF:
o If the second receiver is DISH Pro or DP Plus, the DP Plus Twin will be fully functional.
o If the second receiver is Legacy, the LNB IN port (for a second satellite dish) cannot be used.
• Legacy receivers will recognize the DP Plus Twin as an SW64 switch – this is normal.
• The DP Plus Twin may be connected to a DP Plus 44 switch, but not to DP21 switches or DP34 switches.
• A DP Plus Separator allows a DP Plus dual-tuner receiver to be fed by a single cable – it cannot be used to feed two single-tuner receivers.
• The DISH Player-DVR 921 cannot be installed using two cables directly connected to both DP Plus Twin ports at this time. The 921 software will be upgraded later to add this support.
• The DISH 721 does not have support for the DP Plus Twin at this time. The 721 software will be upgraded later to add this support.

And in particular to those who want to use this to add more satellites:

The DISH Pro Plus Twin LNBF can be connected to a DISH Pro Plus 44 switch to provide 119W and 110W satellite signals to the switch. When used this way, LNBF PORT 1 will default to the 119W position and LNBF PORT 2 will default to the 110W position. The LNBF port marked LNB IN is not used and will not provide any signal to the switch. To complete this installation, install the DP Plus Twin LNBF first using these instructions, then install the DP Plus 44 Switch using instructions which come with the switch.

Note: The DISH Pro Plus Twin LNBF is NOT compatible with the DISH Pro 34 switch in any installation.
Do not install these devices together in any system, including trunked switch installations which contain DISH Pro 34 switches.

Attachments

• DISH_Pro_Plus_Twin_LNBF_Installation_Information_&_Special_Considerations.pdf
    699.8 KB · Views: 216
Got the following information from Dish Network to pass along... so here it is. :)

"When installing the DISH PRO PLUS TWIN, you can't
use the SAT BUDDY Meter to align the dish, it does not
have enough current to Power the DPP Twin."

Between the "can not hook up to DP-21 or DP-34" and "DPP-44 shuts off 3rd Sat. input", the DPP-twin is pretty much worthless with more than 2 recievers.

I assume you mean "more than TWO receivers" or maybe "more than 3 SATELLITES".

The DPP Twin was designed for a specific purpose (2 or 3-birds driving a pair of x22 boxes with minimal cable), and assuming it works, :rolleyes: will be a nice unit for that job. It IS a shame it can't be used for more.

yes, I meant more than 2 recievers (corrected now).
It is perfect for the job it's set up for (3 birds, 2 recievers). But as we all know, at some point, people will always want more. Especially me :D , who didn't want to run an extra line into the house for sky angel

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts