DPP34 coming soon?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DucTape

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 20, 2005
South Eastern PA.
Can anyone confirm that there is a DPP34 coming out real soon or is it yet another rumor from install tech and dish tech.

Would be nice to know as they say it will be half the price of the DPP44 and I am in need of one or the other.

Yeah I had a 622 installed on Saturday and the installer said that a dpp34 was coming out real soon.
He asked the dish tech while on speaker phone, the dish tech said yes they are on the way but when he looked in the system for them he couldn't find a number for them so he couldn't order one for me. Gave me a price of 194.00 for a dpp44 though and I said no thanks I will wait.:eek:

I don't see why they'd need to create one, but maybe the will.

Dish leases have a 4 tuner limit, and most installs now cover 2 rooms with 1 receiver, so most places will be hooked up with only 2 receivers or less

what about the people that own some of their receivers?

a DPP34 would be a great idea for the person with 3 recievers

There are soooooooo many reasons why Dish needs to make a DPP34. The point is, it's just a rumor. Call me jaded, but until I actually see something from Dish, I'll just keep my mindset within the DPP Twin, DPP44, and DP34 parameters.

what are the so many reasons?

The folks that have 3 or 4 receivers could brink it down to only 2 receivers them to dual tuners

SuperDish going byebye (unless they have future plans that we do not know about) so why create a DPP34 switch? DPPtwin has a third input for an additional slot and you can put seperators on it. Maybe if they ever do away with the DP twin they will do away with the DP34 as well and come out with the DPP34. Maybe they can get the price and size down on the DPP44 switch enough to where the DP34 is today (or slightly more). Maybe they would come out with a DPPquad twin or something.

I heard thru a local RSP manager that they were getting some test DPPQuads. 4 ports... one for the 129 and three feeds.

A DPP Twin doesn't do the job for people like me, who have more than 3 receivers, but still only need to find 3 satellites. The DPP44 is overkill for a lot of people.

BFG said:

The folks that have 3 or 4 receivers could brink it down to only 2 receivers them to dual tuners
I personally don't want 2 rooms covered with 1 receiver. Why would anyone with any type of decent TV want to degrade the picture to RF? My only reason for a dual-tuner would be to DVR one show while watching another or picture-in-picture ops.

What is the difference between a DPP Twin and a DPP44? I'm getting a 622 Monday and they will be putting a DPP Twin on, after that I will only have the 622 but down the road I may get a 211. Any advise.

Beckhamfam said:
What is the difference between a DPP Twin and a DPP44? I'm getting a 622 Monday and they will be putting a DPP Twin on, after that I will only have the 622 but down the road I may get a 211. Any advise.
The DPP Twin is good for up to two receivers, the DPP44 is good for up to four receivers. Both are better than straight DP for dual-tuner receivers.

BFG said:

Well here's one and probably fairly common senerio:

With my recent upgrade I now have a 622 in the living room and a 942 in family room. I have DPP Twin LNB in my Dish 500 + Dish 300 at 61.5, so both 942 & 622 use a single line from LNB with a seperator at the receiver.

Both the dual tuners are in single mode so we can watch one - record another.

I also have a 508 that I just deactivated when I replaced it with the 942.

Now what if I want to put the 508 in one of my kid's room so they could DVR their own programs and I could set it up with certain channels locked out?

i have a 522 and 2-510's so a dpp34 would have helped me when i di my install saving me the time and trouble of running a dual cable to feed the 522. As an installer i run into the problem of needing a dpp34 on a daily basis,and as far a a dpp quad it would be a waste when it comes to apartment install's since them you will have to drop 4 cables down to feed the rec's.--unless when people say quad the mean a lnbf that can feed THREE SAT REC'S and have the 4th being an input like the dpp twin thats what we really need to get away from the switches

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)