DPP34 Vs the DPP44

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
DPP44 supports for Legacy receivers without the Legacy adaptor, dual tuners with single cable run using separator and 4 satellite inputs.

DP34 supports only Legacy receivers with Legacy adaptor, dual tuners need two cable runs and 3 satellite inputs.

RandallA said:
Ooops didn't see that! but you meant DP34, right?
Yes DP34, sorry for my stupid mistake.
I thought I needed the DPP44 but they installed a DP34 instead. I have a dish 500 for 110 and 119 and another one with a single LNB for 61.5. They run to a 622 which is diplexed to my second TV. I was just curious about the two different switches.

In your case it accomplishes the same mission, but the DP34 will require two lines to your receiver instead of 1 one line. It also costs a lot more for a DPP44 switch, hence Dish's hesitancy to issue it for just any install.

Dp34

Can't you just piggy back the DP34 and get 4 more lines out of it? It just doesn't help with the number of lines to the receivers, I believe.

Correct.

If memory serves, you can daisy-chain up to 3 DP34 switches, for a total of 12 tuners. Only reason I mentioned the DPP44 was for the matter of 1 line, not 2 lines to a dual-tuner receiver.

I believe you can mix 34s and 44s if you only have 3 sat inputs. Only the 44 can feed a dual tuner with one cable.

I finally climbed up into the attic to see exactly how the installer configured my system. He used a Dish 500 with a DishPro Duel LNB for the 61.5 sat and its output runs to the Dish 500 DishPro Plus Twin LNB for 110 and 119 Sat's. The output (single coax) from the DishPro Plus Twin LNB runs to a diplexer which is also hooked up to the coax for TV2. The output from the diplexer is connected to another diplexer at TV1. That diplexer is then hooked to a separator which feeds the 2 inputs to the 622. The diplexer is also connected to the distribution output of the 622. It works great so I guess I didn't need any switches.

Last edited:
If you want to receive from 4 satellite slots, are there any alternatives to using a DPP44? For instance, would some combination of a DP34 and a DP21, or a DP34 and a DPP Twin LNBF, support 4 slots? Is there an online resource that diagrams some of the possible combinations?

TIA

"would some combination of a DP34 and a DP21"

This combination will allow you to have 4 satellite feeds for 1 receiver only. You will need a second DP21 for a second receiver and so on. Take the output to a receiver from a DP34 to port 1 on the DP21 and the satellite feed for the 4th satellite to port 2 of the DP21.

RandallA said:
That configuration should work just fine.
Thank you for your reply. I think I finally understand the signal paths. I would still like to know where you got that cool avatar from.
Thanks Again.

daveg said:
You can trunk a dp 34 off of a dpp 44 but you will lose the 4th sat input. The Dpp 44 should be first in line
That was my thought. I currently only have Dish 500( 110, 119), a 625 and two 301s. I put in a DPP44 so now I am set for any future upgrades with little problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)