DPP44 and legacy rcvrs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bcshields

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 28, 2003
Delaware
Heard from a tech that a DishPro Plus 44 switch can be used with legacy rcvrs without Dishpro adapters on ports 1 and 2 only.

Don't know if it's old news or not, but I learned something new.

Legacy receivers can be on any of the 4 ports. There is no limitation to ports 1 & 2. The only limit is that only the 6000 can see 4 satellites, other legacy ones see the first 3.

Hmm, I'll have to pass that along. he told me ports 3 and 4 didn't work.. maybe it was his installation and he ran into a snag.

Thanks.

mike123abc said:
Legacy receivers can be on any of the 4 ports. There is no limitation to ports 1 & 2. The only limit is that only the 6000 can see 4 satellites, other legacy ones see the first 3.
I tried to post the manual but it exceeds the php file size limits. I'll send to Scott and have him post on the server for viewing.

The port issue is Legacy receivers (6000u excluded) cannot see the 4th satellite port 4. This is one of the reasons E* states to put the FSS sat on port 4.

Jason

Scott upped my php allowance...so here it is....

For your personal reference only.

Jason (Thanks, Scott):)

Dish Pro Plus Receivers are the 322, 522, 721 and the 921. They have the ability to use the DPP separator to allow both of their tuners to share a single port on a DPP switch (currently only the DPP44 is released now but they are going to have a bunch soon).

The 311, and 811 are also Dish Pro Plus compatable, although I am unsure what the significance is. As far as I know a line from a DPP44 cannot be split to two 311's. If it is able to with a DPPTwin is still unknown.

But on the back of those rcvrs, it says Dish Pro Plus.

bcs: Unlikely that the DPP Twin will act any differently than a DPP44. Apparently, DPP switching control is limited to one side of the Separator. I may be wrong, but I don't think so.

I wish i could get my hand on an LNBF so I can fiddle with it. If I get my way I'll put up a dish farm out back to toy around with.. "for training purposes" of course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts