DPP44 Check Switch Test Problem

fonos

Original poster
Dec 27, 2006
I installed a DPP44 on my system today, but I can't seem to get it to work right. When I run the check switch test , ports 1 & 2 show the wrong satellites and ports 3 & 4 don't show anything. I have the satellites connected as follows: port 1 - 119, port 2 - 129, port 3 = 100 and port 4 = 118. Port 1 however, shows that the 129 is connected to it and the 119 satellite is connected to port 2. Any ideas?

Walk the system again from the dish to the receiver and check your connections. Make sure that you have direct cables from each port on your LNB's to each port on the DPP44. I have the 500+ and when I buried my cables I put colored zip ties at each end of the cable to make identification easier. There should be no switches or anything else between the LNB and the switch. The order of the satellites should be: 119, 110, 129, 118. Once you've connected the dish to the switch make sure the power inserter in connected to the port 1 of the switch that goes to the receiver, then connect your receivers. Run check switch and see how you've done!

Try disconnecting all the LNB's and running a check switch test. This should clear the matrix. Reconnect 110, 119, etc and run another check switch. This has worked for me in several installs. If not, lots of smart people are here to give you a hand.

Walk the system again from the dish to the receiver and check your connections. Make sure that you have direct cables from each port on your LNB's to each port on the DPP44. I have the 500+ and when I buried my cables I put colored zip ties at each end of the cable to make identification easier. There should be no switches or anything else between the LNB and the switch. The order of the satellites should be: 119, 110, 129, 118. Once you've connected the dish to the switch make sure the power inserter in connected to the port 1 of the switch that goes to the receiver, then connect your receivers. Run check switch and see how you've done!

Is the order of the satellite connections critical? I'm running 119 on port 1, 61.5 on port 2, and 110 on port 3, and nothing on port 4 and all seems ok. Just curious.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)