DPP44 enclosure

Has anyone tried the 11CTEGYS Gray Wallmount Enclosure from Hometech for the DPP44? Looks like it may fit, but want to be sure. Hope I don't have to drill any holes.

yeah, but rust on the screws don't matter. If it matters to you just change them out for ones that are made for outside

Not so fast. Mine had to be replaced today because of weather. When mine was originally isnstalled, they layed it on the roof. wind, snow and rain got it and eliminated the 61.5 Sat. They mounted the new on on the Satellite pole itself so that it would not be sitting in water or coverd constantly with snow. We will see.

Go to Home Depot, Lowes or any place that sells lawn sprinkler controls.

A hinged and lockable outdoor lawn sprinkler control box enclosure is ideal.

Go to Home Depot, Lowes or any place that sells lawn sprinkler controls.

A hinged and lockable outdoor lawn sprinkler control box enclosure is ideal.

Thats what I did. I even found one on their clearance table for a couple of bucks.

Yeah, when a switch is SITTING on a roof that is a sure sign of a very very bad install. What they've done in that situation is place the switch directly in the path of a high volume of flowing water. There's absolutely no reason to do that. Simply hanging it from the dish mast is offering far more protection from the elements than setting it on a roof.

Yeah, when a switch is SITTING on a roof that is a sure sign of a very very bad install. What they've done in that situation is place the switch directly in the path of a high volume of flowing water. There's absolutely no reason to do that. Simply hanging it from the dish mast is offering far more protection from the elements than setting it on a roof.

Well actually mine is literally hanging from the dish mast, with black tape and tie wrap....

Anyways thanks for the suggestions.

I was referring to gutter's DPP44 location. Incidentally, once I found a DP34 switch litterally inside the gutter. Worst damage I've ever seen to a switch.

A couple of PVC conduit wall clamps with some stainless steel bolts, nuts and fender washers would allow you to fasten the back of a weatherproof box on the pole.

A black plastic bag, with the open end with the cables pointing down is a better solution than leaving it in the open and in the weather.

This is how my authorized dish installer installed my DPP44 switch. That is a tie wrap holding the DPP44 with electrical tape....

Attachments

• 100_0100.jpg
    100_0100.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 227
This is how my authorized dish installer installed my DPP44 switch. That is a tie wrap holding the DPP44 with electrical tape....

... no weatherizing on the DP44 ports? UG. I hope they at least used some dielectric grease inside those fittings...

After 2 years my switch finally gave way. I opened it up and there was water inside. Still looking for an enclosure. I bought a new one with a supposedly new Ground Block Version. It is painted grey unlike my old one which is sort of chromed.

... no weatherizing on the DP44 ports? UG. I hope they at least used some dielectric grease inside those fittings...

Actually, a few months ago, our trainer advised us that we were to no longer use the rubber weather boots on outdoor fittings, I guess they did a study and found they hold more moisture than they prevent.
One more thing, all those switches at the dish are not up to code, They need to be installed AFTER the ground block. As a DNS installer, we are required to move switches at the dish to a location (preferrably inside) after the ground block.

What I can't believe is that installers actually leave a $179 switch outdoors where its exposed to the weather and can get stolen.

Its like several months ago I was driving with my installer and he says to me "Do you want a DP44 Switch" and im like "yea" and then he says to give him a pair of wire cutters. Turns out some idiot installer installed a Dish1000 Plus next to the road where you would normally see a mailbox. Needless to say we didn't steal this customers switch, but we literally could have drove next to the Dish, rolled down the window, cut some wires and helped ourselves to a brand new DP44 Switch.

What I would like to know why people install switches on roofs anyways? Its actually easier for me to NOT install the Dish on the roof its easier to extend the cable and make the connections on the ground instead of on top of the ladder on the roof.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts