dpp44 failing??

all4jo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2004
Haiti and lexington ky
So i have 2 622's one 722 and one 508. when i just reconnected one of my 622's my channels on my other receivers just went away. so i decided to run check switch. Well when i run check switch it now says that i have fewer sats and also while it was check switching i noticed that instead of checking 1 out of 4 one of the tuners on each of the receivers was saying 1 out of 38. and when its finished it only shows 119.
could the Dpp be failing or is there something else causing this?

I guess the obvious thing to do first is make sure that the power inserter is plugged in to the wall adequately. All of my set-up quit when the inserter got unplugged accidently.

Yea i just checked it and its plugged in. the weird thing is when i do run check switch . Input 1 is the one that says 1 of 38 while Input 2 does nothing. but when its finished it will just list 119 sat on the 3rd box on input 1 also underneath it would say sw21 3sat for the switch while on input 2 it will say 119 on the first box and DP feed.

Perhaps you have a Legacy SW21 or DP21 instead of one of the 622/722 separators, which are marked as such. You didn't say if you are using EA (can't with 508) or WA or mixed. Also are you are using a DP33 switch or have DPP LNBs on dish and don't need a switch. A little more info, please. BTW, 38 test indicates it did not "see" a Dish Pro system. Don't accept having less unless you really do have less.

I suggest you remove all but one receiver and run the switch test to get the correct set and then add receivers.
Oops, see from title you have a DPP44.
-Ken

Disconnect all receiivers (including the power inserter on port 1) from the switch and let it set for about 20 minutes, this clears the switch of receiver data.

While disconnected from the switch run a check switch on all receivers to clear the switch data.

Reconnect all receivers and run check switch again, hopefully all receivers should see all satellites.

I have to occasionally "reboot" my DPP44 switch using this method when my receivers suddenly can't see sats.

well i have one sat pointed at 119,110,77. i had 2 622's and the 508 running fine thru the dpp44 then i added another 622. and when i did that all of my other receivers would only show 119 sat tuner 1 as getting any signal. but the new 622 would show all the sats and the dpp44. i then decided to disconnect the 508 from the dpp44 and just connected it to the 119 sat lnb. but i still had the problem with my dual receivers, It wasnt until i unplugged the 508 all together that everything retuned to normal. could the fact that im using dpp separators on all but the 508 be the problem?

Unlikely that the separators are a problem if in correctly.

Why would you choose 77W? I understand it has little but PPV etc. You need 61.5W or 129W for many national HD and 72.7W or 129W for the others. From your location I see 129W will be difficult sometimes. So read the suggestions that you can get everything on a 1000.4 or get 61.5W and 72.7W on a 500 dish with some luck. This would use all 4 inputs on the DPP44. Signal strength?
-Ken

If all receivers have the wonkiness the switch is dying.

If just one satellite on all receivers comes up red then its an LNB.

If its just one tuner in one of the receivers then the receiver is bad.

Don't mean to bud in, but I have a similar problem running a dpp44 with a 722 and a 501. I though the dpp44 would support both. The 722 is on port 1 (722 supplies power to the switch) and the 501 is on port 2. The 722 picks up 3 sats on one tuner and one the second tuner, the 501 doesn't pick up anything. I am not using a power inserted, but can if I have to. So, my question is what is the proper way to set up this combination of receivers on a dpp44. BTW, when the 501 is plugged into the switch is pick up nothing, even with the power inserter plugged in, but works fine when plugged directly to the quad dp lnb or plugged in using a dp34 switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)