DPP44 Help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

h2oski

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2006
I just purchased and installed a DPP44 switch so I could hookup a third 622 to my third HD tv. I have the single smaller dish on the roof that originaly fed directly to my two 622s. Now that I added the DPP44 Switch I cannot get any signal to any receivers. I have checked my connections over and over per the installation guide.

I have one of the lines from the dish going to Dish input 1 and the other going to dish input 2. These two cables were what was feeding my two 622s before adding this switch. I have the power inverter connected to the receiver one. I have one receiver connected to the power inverter and the other two receivers connected to receiver #2 and #3 on the switch.

I run the check switch and the reciever notes that there is no signal. Is the switch bad? Am I missing something simple. Please help.

Thanks

Andy

Try a check switch without the connection to the 44 to clear it out, then connect and try again.

Try a check switch without the connection to the 44 to clear it out, then connect and try again.

I just finished trying that and it did not work. I was able to complete the check switch when I bipased the 44 switch to the receiver and then once I went through the switch again nothing. Any other ideas?

Thanks

Andy

Check LNB for DishPro Logo

The DPP44 requires DishPro LNBs while I believe your receivers connected directly can handle Legacy and DP LNBs.

Can you check if you have a DP LNB?

The DPP44 requires DishPro LNBs while I believe your receivers connected directly can handle Legacy and DP LNBs.

Can you check if you have a DP LNB?

I actually just got off the roof to see exactly what was up there. I have a Dish 1000 with a single 129 DP LNB and a Twin 110, 119 DP LNB.

That's great news...

Do you have:
119W to Sat 1 input
110W to Sat 2 input
129W to Sat 3 input?

If you make connection modifications, please ENSURE DPP44 is unplugged or you can blow LNBs very easily.

If you can, ground the DPP44 to KNOWN GOOD ground. If unsure, leave alone for now.

That's great news...

Do you have:
119W to Sat 1 input
110W to Sat 2 input
129W to Sat 3 input?

If you make connection modifications, please ENSURE DPP44 is unplugged or you can blow LNBs very easily.

If you can, ground the DPP44 to KNOWN GOOD ground. If unsure, leave alone for now.

I have been unplugging the switch every time I make a change. Where should I connect the ground to the switch? I have a ground cable near the switch I am just not sure where to attach it.

They way it is wired coming from the roof is as follows. There are only two coax cables coming out of the tube to the LNBs. There is a coax that comes out of the tube and then goes back in. I assume that means that the 129 LNB is routed into the twin 110,119 LNB and then two feeds come from it. This tells me that all three LNBs are comined into each feed down from the roof. Do I need to seperate the feeds so I have one feed for each LNB?

Correct, you must run separate RG-6 coax for each LNB into the sat in ports of the DPP44. If you still have the install booklet, it comes with some nice diagrams. I dont have any on me right now, or I'd attach...

Disconnect the 129W from the DPP Twin and run a new line to Sat Port 3 of the DPP44. The other 2 runs for 110 and 119 should be already there from what you mentioned.

The reason it is currently not working is that you are cascading (2) Disecq swithes, one the DPP44, the other is inside the DPP Twin. Receivers dont support that signal path.

Grounding: The DPP44 has several grounding points along its edge. Small screws over them. Just pick one.

Port Assignment

Here is the official word:

Port 1 of the DPP Twin ---> Port 2 of DPP44 (110)
Port 2 of the DPP Twin ---> Port 1 of DPP44 (119)

Leave LNB Port In Empty, in fact cover it up with one of the plastic covers your DPP44 came with since you'll have some extra.

Any port of 129 LNB ---> Port 3 of DPP44 (129)

Attached is the install PDF for DPP Twin for your ref. Info is on page 15.

Let us know how you make out.

Attachments

• DISH_Pro_Plus_Twin_LNBF_Installation_Information_&_Special_Considerations.pdf
    699.8 KB · Views: 189
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately this is going to be extremely difficult for me to do. I cannot run the cable down the same route as the other cables as it runs down inside my chimmeny box. I really don't want to run the cable around the outside of the house either. I guess I might have to figure something else out.

I do have a third coax up there, but is for my over the air antenna. Is it possible to use a diplexer to combine the OTA and any one of the LNBs and then split it with another diplexer before going into the switch?

Thanks

Andy

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately this is going to be extremely difficult for me to do. I cannot run the cable down the same route as the other cables as it runs down inside my chimmeny box. I really don't want to run the cable around the outside of the house either. I guess I might have to figure something else out.

I do have a third coax up there, but is for my over the air antenna. Is it possible to use a diplexer to combine the OTA and any one of the LNBs and then split it with another diplexer before going into the switch?

Thanks

Andy

Before you go out and spend the $ on quality diplexers, I'd ask an electrician to quote you a new (or two while at it) RG-6 and decide based on that.

The diplexer option would be my last resort. You will need diplexers rated 2.2GHz or better and power passthru on the High Frequency side.

IMHO I'd spend the $ to have someone run (2) extra RG-6 and park the diplexer idea between the LNB and the switch.

You cannot diplex between the switch and the lnb.

Diplexers must be between the switch and the receiver. Maybe move the switch to the roof and put it in a waterproof box attached to the chimney. Run three cables to the switch and two into the house. Do not diplex OTA.

You cannot diplex between the switch and the lnb. Diplexers must be between the switch and the receiver.

FALSE

Maybe move the switch to the roof and put it in a waterproof box attached to the chimney. Run three cables to the switch and two into the house.

Still doesn't solve his problem. He needs to send 3 orbitals to 3 receivers. There is NO POSSIBLE WAY to do that with 2 cables into the house.

Do not diplex OTA

I have diplexed OTA several times and it works just fine

:rolleyes:

Sure is. As long as you're using RG-6 cable for your antenna. The best way to do this though is to use a DP Dual for all three SAT locations. The plus twin also has a switch built into it. DISH will tell you that when you connect an external switch, such as a DPP 44, then it is supposed to intercept the diseqc signal and prevent the switch in the twin from working. But in reality, and from my own personal experience, sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't. The most reliable way is with 3 duals. Pick one of your lines from your dishes. Any of them is fine, just make sure you know which line is which on the other end, and insert your diplexers before the switch. After you split your antenna off your sat feed, then you can insert that line into you dpp44. Should fix your issue. Also make sure that your power inserter is plugged into receiver port #1 on your switch.

You cannot diplex between the dish and the switch because the switch will not pass OTA.

You can diplex between the switch and the receiver, but it reduces signal strengthon both sat and OTA.

Well I finally got around to running another RG-6 coax from the dish down to my basement. It was actually easier than I thought it was going to be.

However now I cannot get any reciever to see a signal after the switch.

I have it wired as followed. I don't actually know which cable is port 1 and port 2for the DPP Twin near the switch, but I have swapped them on the switch and it still doesn't work.

Port 1 of the DPP Twin ---> Port 2 of DPP44 (110)
Port 2 of the DPP Twin ---> Port 1 of DPP44 (119)
One port of 129 LNB ---> Port 3 of DPP44 (129)

Then I have three connections to outputs 2, 3, and 4 with power going to 1.

Any idea why this isn't working?

In an attempt to try and figure this out I have removed the feed from the 129 LNB and only have the port 1 and port 2 of the DPP Twin connected to the switch to see if my 129 feed is screwing it up for some reason. I still have no signal to my receivers through the switch. Since I do not know which is port 1 and port 2 from the DPP Twin I have tried switching the cables ans that didn't work either.

The only thing I can think is that I have a dead switch. How likely is that a switch is DOA. It was new in the box when I got it as you could tell from how it was packaged. Unfortunately I tried to save a few bucks and bought it off of eBay so I doubt I can return it.

I verified which port 1 and port 2 from the DPP Twin are near the switch. Now that I know which one is which the DPP44 Switch doesn't work.

Any Help?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)