DPP44 Install Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rdinkel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2004
Woodland Park, Colorado
Does it matter whether the power for the DPP44 switch (that goes into port 1) on the DPP44 is on the coax going to a legacy receiver (6000u) instead of a DPP receiver (625)?

It does not matter, however, it must be connected to PORT 1 on the DP+44.

StevenD said:
It does not matter, however, it must be connected to PORT 1 on the DP+44.

Umm it matters... I did an install where I only had 2 lines from the dish location to the wiring closet. I had to use 2 dishes to get both 119 and 110. I needed to use 2 DPP44 switches since the customer had 6 legacy rcvrs. After some experimenting to make sure, a DP adapter was REQUIRED in order to use a legacy rcvr on port 1.

The wiring should go something like this.... Leg rcvr to rcvr side of DP adapter. Dish side of DP adapter to rcvr side of DPP power inserter. Then from the DPP power inserter to PORT1 on the DPP44 switch.

I did do quite a bit of experimenting without the DP adapter(since I had to modify the Work Order for the DP adaters) and I never got the DPP44 to work at all.

Mleland
Lake Almanor, CA

I am upgrading to a Dish1000 with DPPTwin, plus DPtwin on separate Dish500 (for 61.5) and will be using DPP44 to feed 6000u, 508, and new 625 (with separator). Am sure the set up will work. DPP44 will support legacy receivers. Only issue I have is whether it is better to power the DPP44 off the coax going to the 625 rather than the coax going to the 6000. It is just easier to get power on the coax going to the 6000u.

mleland said:
I needed to use 2 DPP44 switches since the customer had 6 legacy rcvrs. After some experimenting to make sure, a DP adapter was REQUIRED in order to use a legacy rcvr on port 1.
Could this have been because there was no DP receiver connected?

Hey Bob - don't forget to cover the 110 eye of the DP-Twin with foil and use the port under the 119 eye. Any particular reason you're going after 61.5 instead of 129?

As for powering the DPP44 on the same line as a Legacy receiver, I see some issues with that. There's nothing in the manual talking about it either way, but Legacy boxes use voltage switching to control the switch. If you're forcing a high voltage (via the inserter), I don't think it will work.

Finally, remember to put 119 (DPP-Twin port #1) into input port #1 and #2 to #2.

Simon, Am going with both Dish1000 with 110/119/129 and separate dish500 with 61.5. May be overkill, but I did not want to give up CBS HD that I now get off of 61.5. I needed DPP44 to handle more than two separate receiver locations coming off of Dish1000, anyway. And since DPP44 can have four satellite inputs, I thought I might as well keep a separate 61.5 feed (but with DP LNB). Eventually, I expect for all three receiver locations to have twin tuners with separators on a total of only three coax cables coming into the house.

You seem to echo my concern about whether I should only power the DPP44 off of a modern receiver. So I guess I will power it from the 625's coax. Not quite as clean set up, but can do. Thanks. Bob

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)