DPP44/LNB Question

tecboy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 1, 2007
Cincinnati
I recently had my Legacy quad LNB swapped out for a DPP44 Switch and new twin LNB. Looking at the logo on the LNB..it appears to be a DP Twin...Not a DP Plus Twin. I hardly ever lost reception with the legacy quad...but since the swap out...My reception seems flaky at more times than before. My question...Does the DPP44 switch officially support the DP Twin? I thought since the DPP44 was in the Pro plus line...it required a DPP Twin LNB> Reading the description on Dish tech website...THe DP Twin mentions only the 34 switch while the DPP Twin mentions the DPP44 switch

No, when you get down to it it actually calls for Dish Pro LNB not Dish Pro Plus, though there are some that have successfully and currently run DPP LNB with a DPP44.

There is some other reason as to why your LNB was replaced to begin with otherwise you'd still have the legacy quad.... meaning your problem is most likely not fixed that or the dish came out of alignment during the swap.

Dish Pro/Dish Pro Plus utilizes 950-2150 MHz, Legacy 950-1450 Mhz... in other words you can run legacy pretty much on chicken wire and be fine whereas DPP equipment is more picky about connections/cabling and such.

Yes it fully supports it. It also supports any other DP and DPP lnb but when you connect a DPP lnb to a switch like the DPP44, the DPP lnb looses the ability to attach the wing lnb and combign all 3 locations to either 1 or 2 feeds. It sounds like you need to repeak your dish.

Thanks for the replies...My legacy quad was replaced due to having more than 4 tuners that needed to be connected..Since Dish swapped out the legacy quad with a DP Twin and DPP44 for free...why not...Sounds like while the tech was swapping the LNB...DIsh came out of alignment and needs to be repointed....

"Yes it fully supports it. It also supports any other DP and DPP lnb but when you connect a DPP lnb to a switch like the DPP44, the DPP lnb looses the ability to attach the wing lnb and combign all 3 locations to either 1 or 2 feeds. It sounds like you need to repeak your dish."

What he said.

A DP Twin works just fine with a DPP44 switch. That's what I had before my 1000.2 and it worked fine for over a year.