DPP44 / OTA Strange Issue

hangon

Original poster
Jan 16, 2007
Hi,

I have DPP44 in my attic. I have installed Antenna for OTA and connected to the Diplexer and diplexer to DPP44 . On the other end I added another diplexer and to split the signal going to the tv.

Attic : ANT + SAT => diplexer => DPP44

It was working and I'm getting OTA channels in my TV. All of a sudden today I had to cut the power off to my entire house on some other issue and once the power back on I;m not getting OTA channels anymore ?

I tried all sorts of things. I removed the antenna from the attic and brought down to the tv and it works. but when I connect to DPP44 like it used to it's not getting signal.

what could be wrong. ? please suggest.

thanks

I thought one was supposed to put the diplexor downstream (towards the TV) of the DPP 44. It would go SAT => DPP 44 => ANT + SAT => diplexor.

I understand you said it was working prior to the power loss. Check your power inserter, perhaps it didn't survive the power failure (look for green light on power adapter).

Maybe the diplexor crapped out due to power spike? They are band pass filters and possibly the caps and inductors failed.

Not much help, I know, but the best I can figure.

Miner

I thought one was supposed to put the diplexor downstream (towards the TV) of the DPP 44. It would go SAT => DPP 44 => ANT + SAT => diplexor.

thanks for the reply,,,

Here is how I setup earlier (see attachement outside/inside)

I understand you said it was working prior to the power loss. Check your power inserter, perhaps it didn't survive the power failure (look for green light on power adapter).

The Green Light is on

Maybe the diplexor crapped out due to power spike? They are band pass filters and possibly the caps and inductors failed.

is there a way I can test "diplexor" ?

Attachments

• signal_diplexer_01.gif
    signal_diplexer_01.gif
    27.6 KB · Views: 159
  • signal_diplexer_02.gif
    signal_diplexer_02.gif
    26.3 KB · Views: 173
It's strange that it worked at all since DISH switches are not designed to pass an OTA signal through the switch.

The best thing you can do is to diplex the OTA in to each line AFTER the switch and out to the reciever before the separator.

It's strange that it worked at all since DISH switches are not designed to pass an OTA signal through the switch.

The best thing you can do is to diplex the OTA in to each line AFTER the switch and out to the reciever before the separator.

I followed your suggestion and everything back to normal.. I do not know how it worked before but who cares it's working now....

thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)