DPP44 Switch (for 622) - How do I get one? Bribes, dirty pics, threats???

rgerst said:
Now I am worried about my install set for 3/25. I currently have a superdish feeding 110/119/105 into a DP34 switch. I have a 510 and a 301 connected to the DP34. I am replacing the 510 with the 622 and I hope to use diplexers to backfeed the TV2 output to the bedroom so that I can return the 301. I was told that the installer would bring my receiver and a 2nd dish to point at 129 or 61.5. If he does not bring a DPP44 switch will I be screwed until I get the DPP44?:confused:

I'm going to assume that you will be adding either 129 or 61.5 to pick up HD channels?
If so, then you will need a DPP44 to pick up all 4 sat locations, and use a diplexeor and sepertator to split the signal and backfeed it.

If you only will have 110/119 and 105, then you can keep the DP34, but you will have to run another coax to the room with the 510(and soon to be 622) for the 2nd tuner, and backfeed on the diplexor on tuner 2.

Now if you are dumping 105 and picking up 129/61.5 then you can use a DPP Twin and a dual without a switch and wiring is the same as if you had a DPP 44.

If he does not come with a dpp44 here are some options:

1.) Make him come back with a dpp44 (make sure he notes this on the work order and sign the line that it was not installed to you satisfaction)

2.) make his manager bring a DPP 44

3.) Have him install a DPP Twin connect the 129 to the twin and Temporily loose the 105 until he brings a DPP 44.

I have 4 sat locations too.. I opted to disconnect the 148. The tech "promised" he would come back on Saturday to bring the DPP44, he told me to call his office and schedule an appointment. (I signed the work order and after he left I saw that I signed the line saying I was satisified with the install. The tech never showed up on sat with the switch and). I had to Call dish to send out another tech to bring a DPP44. (they never got a hold of the orignal tech or his manager)

Last edited:
Cokeswigga said:
I'm going to assume that you will be adding either 129 or 61.5 to pick up HD channels?
If so, then you will need a DPP44 to pick up all 4 sat locations, and use a diplexeor and sepertator to split the signal and backfeed it.

If you only will have 110/119 and 105, then you can keep the DP34, but you will have to run another coax to the room with the 510(and soon to be 622) for the 2nd tuner, and backfeed on the diplexor on tuner 2.

Now if you are dumping 105 and picking up 129/61.5 then you can use a DPP Twin and a dual without a switch and wiring is the same as if you had a DPP 44.

No, I am keeping 105 for my SD locals. I assume they will be moving to another orbital location once echostar X goes live. However, I am not patient enough to wait. I will need a 2nd dish to receive HD from 129/61.5.

Last edited:
rgerst said:
No, I am keeping 105 for my SD locals. I assume they will be moving to another orbital location once echostar X goes live. However, I am not patient enough to wait. I will need a 2nd dish to receive HD from for 129/61.5.

Will you be getting all your locals in HD?

Do you get any SD independant locals on 105?

I would make them bring out the the DPP44

but IF he has to come back to bring the switch,
do you think you could live without the 105 for a few days?
and have only HD locals?

If so, have him install a DPP twin
and a 2nd dish 500 for 129/61.5. run the dual for 129/61.5 to the DPP Twin, then you will only need one line with a diplexor & seperator.

then when he shows up with the DPP44, its' just a matter of pluggin it in adding the 105 and there you go

Y2k06 said:
Brettbolt---> Thank you, Thank you so much! - Now I understand what you are saying completely.

However, this means that in addition to my existing 2 dishes on the roof, I will need a THIRD (dish1000), which, in essence will be dedicated solely to the single line / separator for the 622's dual tuner. - GOT IT -

Now, how do I get Dish to send someone out before hell freezes over, do that, and leave the rest of the system ALONE?

Is everyone else in concurrence with this opinion? Seems quite logical to me.
Your welcome. Yes, the trade off is it adds an extra Dish to your roof.

Glad this helps -- you have another option that doesn't require a DPP44.

Based on reading your experience here (and other threads), and my own recent frustrations with Dish Network, I called today to cancel my ViP 622 order. I don't want to deal with Dish's poor service like they gave you.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your experience and I hope it works out. Its not your fault in any way.

Last edited:
Cokeswigga said:
Will you be getting all your locals in HD?

Do you get any SD independant locals on 105?

I would make them bring out the the DPP44

but IF he has to come back to bring the switch,
do you think you could live without the 105 for a few days?
and have only HD locals?

If so, have him install a DPP twin
and a 2nd dish 500 for 129/61.5. run the dual for 129/61.5 to the DPP Twin, then you will only need one line with a diplexor & seperator.

then when he shows up with the DPP44, its' just a matter of pluggin it in adding the 105 and there you go

I don't know much about my local OTA HD. I checked Antennaweb.org and it says that all of my local channels are broadcasting in HD and that I am about 18 miles from most of the towers. I do not have any obstructions between my house and the towers. I could probably live without the SD locals until the DP44 is delivered, assuming I can pull in the HD locals with an amplified set top antenna.

brettbolt said:
Based on reading your experience here (and other threads), and my own recent frustrations with Dish Network, I called today to cancel my ViP 622 order. I don't want to deal with Dish's poor service like they gave you.

Unfortunately, the 622 is (HAS) been sitting around the house for over 2 weeks now - UNABLE TO USE IT - because some BONE HEAD who wrote up the original service ticket didn't do it right. NO mention of a new switch, and no mention on the work order for a D1000.

Now to make sure---- with 3 LNB's on the 1000 (110/119/129), only ONE wire comes out of the dish (switch built into the D1000:confused: ), into the attic to join with barrel connector to the single wire to the 622 where the separator will be used, correct?

Got to make sure before my next and likelly FINAL call to the Dunderthuds on the other end of the line -- BTW--- FWIW - all HD Tech calls automatically goes to level 2, or that's what they said last 2 times I called. But that was 36 hours ago, so it may have changed.:D

Y2k06 said:
Now to make sure---- with 3 LNB's on the 1000 (110/119/129), only ONE wire comes out of the dish (switch built into the D1000:confused: ), into the attic to join with barrel connector to the single wire to the 622 where the separator will be used, correct?

Correct. :) And another wire from the switch to do whatever you want with (future use, maybe).

Y2k06 said:
Correct, one RG6 cable from the 1000.

And, if you want, you can feed another receiver from the 1000.

There's an additional option other than relying on the local installer or Ebay. In addition to the shortage of DPP-44 switches, even when E* does allocate one there's no guarantee it won't get rerouted at the hub office or by your installer to another job. Best to bypass that chain entirely:

Last Thursday I had my third install date cancelled due to lack of DPP-44 availability. I called E* and went through the tech support channel rather than customer service. Rather than having to navigate the India/Pakistani communication obstacle course, I dealt with a very helpful, knowledgeable, and polite American speaker who, after hearing my plight, suggested a wonderful solution -- rather than relying on the distribution chain to possibly get me a DPP-44 in time for this Thursday's rescheduled install, she would have the DPP-44 shipped to me directly at my home address.

I was somewhat skeptical, but this afternoon UPS dropped off a rather hefty box containing a "DPP44 Multi-Dish Switch" and "DPP44 Power Inserter".

Looks like I'm set for Thursday.

I have no idea how you pulled that one off.. In every single call I've made to Level 2 Tech, it's like running into a brick wall. They won't budge because I don't have/need 4 orbital inputs.

The call I got after my email to ceo@ also begged him just to ship me one. His slick talking got me a promise he would investiate the "issues" and get back to me within 48 hours. That was 6 days ago, and no word back.. Even called Tech again to see if the executive office had update notes - nope - show reschedule for April 7. and the work order?? Install vip622 with note *single line only to 622. - Tech said they would add to the order to install a separate D1000 and leave the other two on the roof - I don't need no stinkin new dish. Already have two a twin at 110/119 and single at 61.5 - Don't want a satellite dish FARM growing on my roof.

Just get me a switch - but NO.. Geeesh - you would think these things were made out of 14 ct gold.

Pissed in an understatement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts