DPP44 switch with 1000.2 antenna

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

redeye

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 3, 2005
There are currently 2 cables coming from the 1000.2 - each feeds a VIP722 (with separator). I want to add 2 more dual-tuner receivers, so can I just run the 2 existing cables into a DPP44 switch & then run each of the 4 outputs to a receiver (with separator)? Thanks for any help/advice.

thanks for the quick reply - I will remember the power inserter...

If it's an eastern arc 1000.2 the answer is yes. For a western 1000.2 you need a 3rd cable to the switch. 1 line per satellite orbital.

it's western - 110, 119 & 129 - but I'm confused: doesn't each cable coming from the 1000.2 antenna have to carry all the programming I'm subscribed to, since each cable is directly connected to a dual-tuner box?? seems like the switch just takes the signal from an incoming cable & splits it into 4 output signals - what am I missing? thanks for the help.

There's an internal DPP43 switch inside the 1000.2 LNB assembly. Each cable from the dish can feed at most 2 tuners. If you add a DPP44 external switch, it turns off the DPP43 internal switch so that it can do the switching, in which case each cable carries the complete signal from one satellite. If you have N satellites, you need N cables to feed the DPP44.

I see - guess I'll go buy some cable...thanks for the help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)