DPP44 switch with 301 receiver - check switch problem

sathobby

Original poster
Jan 1, 2007
We just hooked up a DPP44 switch for my friend. It connects to a dish pro twin lnb for the 119/110. He has a 508 PVR and when we do a check switch, it sees both the odd and even transponders on both the 119 and 110.

He also has a 301 receiver, and when we do a check switch on that, it sees the 119 odd/even, but the 110 only sees even. We've changed the cables on the DPP44 multiswitch on both the receiver side and LNB input side, and nothing seems to make a difference.

If we use the port the 508 was plugged into we get the same problem, and if we plug the 508 into the other ports, it works fine and gets all the transponders on both 119/110, but for some reason the 301 doesn't.

Any ideas?

Maybe the 301 doesn't have the correct software to work with the DPP44, I don't know what they are/were shipped with.

2 ways to do the software download:

- Connect the 301 directly to the 119 LNBF; connect it to a TV and turn on the TV; plug the 301 into a power outlet, but leave it off for about 20 minutes or so. It should take a download if available.

- Connect 119 to DPP44 Port 1, connect 110 to DPP44 Port2. Connect the 301 to the Power Inserter, and then the Power Inserter to the DPP44 Receiver Port 1. Plug in 301 into a power outlet, but leave off for about 20 minutes or so. It should take a download if available.

Besides not having the correct software, maybe it all just needs to be reset.
You may want to unplug the Sat cable going to the 301, then do a Check Switch.
After, plug in the sat cable, and then do another Check Switch; hopefully it will find the DPP44 Switch and all of the birds/TP's.

And then you could try and power down all 3 pieces of equipment, and the power them back up in a couple of minutes, then do a check switch on each.

Is he using the DPP44's power inserter?

Does he need the DPP44 at all? Unless there's more than the 2 receivers and 119/110 satellites, just connect directly to the DP Twin.

Is he using the DPP44's power inserter?

Does he need the DPP44 at all? Unless there's more than the 2 receivers and 119/110 satellites, just connect directly to the DP Twin.

Yes more then two receivers and he plans to get 61.5 soon.

I will try the first suggestions tomorrow and will tell you the results.

34 switch would be better suited, the only advantage I can think of utilizing 3 birds would be if your going to be using a dual tuner on the third port.

Back to the problem at hand...

Software would definately be a try as said.

Next run check switch with the feedline disconnected to clear the matrix THEN run check switch feed connected.

Some 44 switches are picky remember 119/110/61.5 for your satellite order.

Last edited:
dual tuner ?

if the pvr has a dual tuner try taking the signal spliter of and run 2 cables from the dp44 1 throught the power inserter the other 1 direct

34 switch would be better suited, the only advantage I can think of utilizing 3 birds would be if your going to be using a dual tuner on the third port.

Back to the problem at hand...

Software would definately be a try as said.

Next run check switch with the feedline disconnected to clear the matrix THEN run check switch feed connected.

Some 44 switches are picky remember 119/110/61.5 for your satellite order.

Are you referring to an SW34? We have a DPP44 which is the dish plus, not the older SW44.

if the pvr has a dual tuner try taking the signal spliter of and run 2 cables from the dp44 1 throught the power inserter the other 1 direct

It is an older 508, so it is a single. There is no combiners or splitters on this link, just a direct feed from the DPP44 output.

It is an older 508, so it is a single. There is no combiners or splitters on this link, just a direct feed from the DPP44 output.

Oh, and the 508 works perfect, it's the 301 that has problems. I'm going to run the above suggestions today and will post the results, thanks.

This quote kind of implies that maybe you need to check BobaBird's suggestion.

On the DPP44's Receiver Port 1, the Power Inserter (power supply) should be connected.

Although this Port 1 can either be used or not used to feed a receiver, the Power Inserter can only be on Receiver Port 1, and there can be no other gadgets between it and the DPP44.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)