DPP44 switch

maddawg

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 6, 2003
Just installed my DPP44 and connected my 121 dish (separate dish) to port 4, but after performing a switch check its showing NC. Verified the signal by connecting my receiver directly to dish with a signal strength of 74. Power inserter is connected to port 1 (dish 501). Any help would be appreciated.

port 1 = 119
port 2 = 110
port 3 = 129
port 4 = 121 (n.c)

Switch your satellite input cables around on the DPP44 to check if port 4 is bad on the switch. Unless you have a legacy receiver it doesn't matter what port 121 goes on.

Jordan420 said:
If using a seperate dish for 121 are you using the correct lnb?
121 & 105 sats use a different lnb than the rest of the birds.

Can you tell me what lnb that must be used?

Dish Pro or Dish Pro Plus FSS LNB's. They have a fancy DP logo on them. Ones that just say Dish Network on the front will not work.

The following is a Superdish with a good picture of the DP logo on the 121 FSS LNB.

http://rweb.echostar.com/departmental_content/TechPortal/images/tech/techequisuperti121.jpg

Or try the Echostar tech portal for everything Dish-Pro...

Click HERE

Switching the ports *may not* help. The DP44 states right on it that PORT 4 is for FSS.

Does anyone know if 501's support 4 slots? I am not familiar with that box.

Last edited:
So I am required to have a dishpro FSS lnb. Currently I have a invacom LNB on the dish.

Iceberg, question, can I not use a multiswitch with the invacom to acheive this? One port for H and othe for V?

nope. Stacked frequencies take the H polarities and makes it V and "stacks" it on top of the original vertical polarities.

Stacked single LNB's you can use a high frequency splitter and go to 2 recievers. This is how StarChoice use to do it.

If it isn't stacked, then the LNB is unstacked. Most LNB's are unstacked.

Linear Dual Standard LNB for Pansat receiver FSS LNBF

I found this on ebay,,,would this work?

nope

It SPECIFICALLY have to say "stacked". If it doesnt say stacked, it wont work with DishPro (it will work with Legacy)

Iceberg said:
nope

It SPECIFICALLY have to say "stacked". If it doesnt say stacked, it wont work with DishPro (it will work with Legacy)

Ok, could you point me to where I could get one of these? I'd like to use a dish 300 with it. Would that be possible?

nope

Need at least a 30" dish to get KU band. KU band is a lower powered satellite so that is why you need a larger dish

Couple options
-look on Ebay for a SD LNB set. People are selling them separately. That will work
-Look for a StarChoice LNB. It has to be a single output and say stacked for it to work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts