DPP44 Switch

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
Our install of a 211 and a 625 will happen this Wednesday.

Can I ask for a DPP44 installation?

I'm going to see if on the 1st I can upgrade the 211 to a 622. I have to wait until I get paid, thus is why I'm waiting until the 1st.

I have 4 coax runs in our house, and I really don't want to have any more cable runs, thus I really like the seperator that DISH installs.

You can ask but it seems to be up to the installer nowadays. Some offices just won't reimburse the installer for the DPP44 switch unless it is for a 4 satellite location install.

It may be 2 receivers, but it's 3 tuners, with a replacement receiver hopefully in the next month or so.

No problem dude. Like NSAFreak stated, a lot of retailers, and DNS and RSP offices are under strict guidelines (orders??) to not use a DPP44 unless there's a 4-sat configuration. The switch is damned expensive.

In your case, a DPP Twin is perfectly suited. It doesn't matter if the receiver is single or dual-tuner. Each feed from the twin will work a receiver.

Neutron said:
It may be 2 receivers, but it's 3 tuners, with a replacement receiver hopefully in the next month or so.

If it is a Dish1000, then you will not need the DPP44 for only two receivers. The standard D1000 install will support two receivers (with up to four tuners) with only two cables going into the house--one cable for each receiver location. It supports use of separators.

I've been reading that hitting 129 with the DISH 1000 isn't as great as having a second dish.

Any thoughts?

that's what I'm going to do when i upgrade. i have a 501/301/7200 and will add a vip622. adding a int channel to the hd should get me a 1000+ with a 44 switch and a dishpro adapter. i hope! this will give me the best setup i think? do they try and take the switches and dishes you are already using? I'm going to remove them just in case he trays to.

Derwin0 said:
Could always pick up an 18" dish cheap, and send it into the DPP Twin's input.
Yup - You don't need to have a D1000 at all.

A D500/DPP-Twin with D300/DP-Single or Dual will work just fine.

I still haven't found the time to run a full set of tests, but it's likely the best yet economical solution is to get a D1000 and use it for JUST 129 (with the LNB in the center hole). Feed it's output to the DPP-Twin mounted on a D500 pan.

Claude Greiner said:
Just add some international programming on 121 or 118 and bingo its a 4 satellite install again :)

Now that brings up an interesting question. If a customer needs a DPP44 (2 dual tuners and a single tuner come to mind), but is a victim of circumstance (3 sat install), how hard is it to get a workorder modified to add international programming for the install, and then have the customer call up the very next day to cancel the international programming????

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but it is something I've wondered about. Getting tired of Dish's "rule" of 4-sat only for a DPP44

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts