DPP44 using just legacy rcvrs?

mleland

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 16, 2004
Lake Almanor, CA
Is there someone out there using a DPP44 switch to feed just legacy rcvrs?

I have a situation where a customer has a D300 at 119. He has only 2 runs of RG6 to his wiring closet and 6 legacy rcvrs. He needs a D500 system to get his locals. The only 2 solutions I could come up with were using DP34s and DP adapters or 2-DPP44s. Since DPP44s need a power inserter to run the switch and LNBs will all legacy rcvrs work? He only needs 119\110. Lets just say there is NO way to run more cable between the dish and the wiring closet. Thanks in advance.

mleland

If he only needs 119/110 then just go with 2-DP34's cascaded and forget about the DPP44's no need for them that I see in this situation. Don't forget your Dish Pro adapters though. Also maybe you can talk the guy into upgrading some of them to DP311's or whatever.

ke4est said:
If he only needs 119/110 then just go with 2-DP34's cascaded and forget about the DPP44's no need for them that I see in this situation. Don't forget your Dish Pro adapters though. Also maybe you can talk the guy into upgrading some of them to DP311's or whatever.

Well the CSR I spoke with said they would only pay for the cheaper of the 2 options. If I recall correctly the DPP44s was 398$ and the 34s\DP adapters was over 600$. Using 2 DPP44s would be ALOT simpler for this customer too since he moves rcvrs around the house 2 or 3 times a year and is used to just plugging it in and having it work. He has a really nice Regal 8-port switch with all of the ports plugged in on the switch.

Basically I want to know for sure if I have to use the DP34s\adapters so I can explain to the next CSR that the "DPP44s will not work".

I just went through this with my own setup last week. I can verify for you that the legacy receivers WILL NOT work by themselves on a DPP44 switch. You must have at least one DP receiver for this to work. I tried using 4 legacy receivers on a DPP44 switch and the power inserter on switch input 1 and it did not recognize the switch on any of the legacy receivers. I had to eventually use a DP811 with the three other legacy receivers I had and it works great! Also be sure that you are using DP or DPP LNBF's.

tvrocker2k5

tvrocker: thanks for the info.

I probably should have asked this at the same time but what about using a DP adapter to feed the power inserter on port 1. I am just asking in case the next CSR doesn't want to offer 2-DP rcvrs.

Don't you dealers and installers get to talk to intelligent, informed, well-motivated people at Dish?

I thought it was just the end users who got whisked off to India.

Anole said:
Don't you dealers and installers get to talk to intelligent, informed, well-motivated people at Dish?

I thought it was just the end users who got whisked off to India.
You mean DISH has hired at least one intelligent, informed,well-motivated person? :mad: