Dpp44 ,with Hopper ????

Troch77

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2015
Southern PA
Okay when hooking up a Dish Pro Plus 44 switch to a 2 Hopper system, do you have to re run the check switch?
Or are there any steps that must be taken to incorporate the new switch?

Also I was getting a red Moca symbol at the bottom of my screen last night, but I can't see anything physically wrong? And it hasn't came back on the screen all day.

My other questions is there something in the counters I could check and report back here to maybe troubleshoot the system?

I don't want to install any Dpp44 if there is some wiring issue.

I ordered a Dish approved Splitter, to replace the current cable TV splitter the dish tech used, I also ordered 500 feet of RG6 solid copper core cable , Just incase I need to change any runs, but all the cables are already RG6 and fairly new.
But I need to run New wire for the 211z anyway, so I'll have about 425 feet left to do what's needed.

I have a Tech coming to check the issues, but if I can trouble shoot and fix before hand, it will save us alot of time and the usual there is "nothing wrong" bit the tech my say.

Also the other forum is claiming the DPP44 burns up duo nodes, is that true?

Reactions: Troch77
What are you trying to accomplish and what issues are you experiencing? The more details you post the more we can help.
I need to hook up a 211z .
I have the Wiring diagram, I just want to make sure when it's all hooked up its good to go.

But I'm not sure of what to do with the Hoppers in the process.

Also as far as Trouble shooting Moca, is there reading from the Hoppers counter I should be looking at to determine if the wiring is okay?

And is it okay to have the PI around 50 feet from the DPP44?

Last edited:
Okay cool.
What kind of system do you have?

3rd_hopper_01_2001-madp-new-av-setup_hopper_two_hoppers_07_14_2015.jpg

Bob,
A dish pro 33 wouldn't work because it doesn't have 4 outputs
I was also told a Dp34 wouldn't work either, because it doesn't work with the ProPlus LNBF.

Unless you are talking about his RV setup, but again I was told the Dish Pro is not compatible with Pro Plus LNBFs

Bob,
I was also told a Dp34 wouldn't work either, because it doesn't work with the ProPlus LNBF.
The DP34 will NOT work correctly with a DPP LNB (although it may work well enough to fool someone).

I'm dubious about a DP cooperating with a DUO node.

Let's stamp out obsolete switchgear in our lifetime! Antiques may be fun as an history lesson but they aren't supportive of progress.

So I'm guessing, Unplug the entire system.
Make all the connections.
Power up the DPP44, , then one hopper at a time , doing a check switch on each?

Does that sound right Harsh?

Bob,
A dish pro 33 wouldn't work because it doesn't have 4 outputs

Unless you are talking about his RV setup, but again I was told the Dish Pro is not compatible with Pro Plus LNBFs
My bad, I wasn't thinking about your 211. A 44 will work fine I have used them in a 4 Hopper 2 Joey setup.

Power up the DPP44, , then one hopper at a time , doing a check switch on each?
Unless you're really excited about running a check switch, I'm not sure it would be necessary. The situation from the Hopper's standpoint probably won't have changed; as far as they're concerned, they're seeing the same satellites through the same Duo Node that is connected via DPP to the same satellites.

The ViP211 may need a little more help; especially if it undergoes a constellation change.

Vip has never been activated.

The Hoppers don't need to recognize the DPP44? I'll try it without a check switch first.

They shouldn't recognize any difference, but there would be no harm in running a check switch. I usually run them when I change a switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)