DPPlus Question

papato6

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 12, 2003
Kansas
I was recently given a Dish with a DPPlus LNB on it. The dish is black with DishHD written on it. I plan on using this dish with a VIP211 receiver in my RV. The LNB has two coax cables coming from it. My question is, does’ the DPPlus have a built in switch and the two cables are for two receivers, or do I need to join the two cables with a switch to see all three satellites (110, 119, 129) on the 211? If all three sat signals are on both cables, do I need to put a terminator on the unused coax?

The two cables were (probably) formerly going to 2 receivers. Your 211 will most certainly function fine on all 3 sats using one of them. I don't think it's necessary to terminate the unused cable, though you might like to remove it just for neatness.

Are the "eyes" on the LNBs about equally spaced, or is one of them set well away from the other two?

1 211? 1 cable. Either remove the second cable or just leave it. No need for a terminator.

Leave the dual coax cable coming from the dish. Dual cable is a dish standard to use. If you take it off, the next time a good technician comes out, it'll be right back on there.

Leave the dual coax cable coming from the dish. Dual cable is a dish standard to use. If you take it off, the next time a good technician comes out, it'll be right back on there.

I dont think he has to worry about that...per his original post
I plan on using this dish with a VIP211 receiver in my RV

Remove the second cable.

Leaving it out in the weather will only get water in the cable and it will not be usable if you try to add a second receiver sometime in the future.

There is no way to terminate the male side of an RF connection unless you put a barrel connection and a terminator and that is definitely a jury-rigged solution.

Remove the unused cable.

Unless the unterminated side is indoors. No need to worry about terminating it but you do have a point about weathering. Then again may be able to just cut off the weathered end and add a new connector.

Thanks for all the advice. I might add a barrel connector to the unused cable to protect it from the weather. I can always replace the connector if I need to use the second cable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts