DPPlus Separator Question for DVR 522

harini0301

Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
Hello,

I am not very knowledgeable with regard to satellite receiver installation and wiring requirements and have a question regarding installing my 522.

My setup shows Switch SW21. I have two receivers, a DVR 501 and a 301 connected to two different TVs. I am replacing the DVR 501 with a 522. I would like to feed two inputs to my 522. Can I use a DPPlus separator to feed the two 522 tuners (with the SW21 installation)?

I understand that the SW21 is legacy??? If I cannot use the DPPlus separator what would I need to do to get two feeds into my 522?

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Harini

Scott is right. Your options are to purchase a SW64 switch for your legacy lnb so you can add another line or upgrade to a DP Plus lnb. If you can't run a second line to your 522, upgrade your lnb to a DP plus so you can use the seperator and split your line for the 522.

I just bought the DishPro Plus Dual LNB and DPP Seperator to hook up my 522 and 501. It works great. I think with shipping it was about $70 from Dishstore.net

I currently have 2 dishes for international programming. Do I need to buy two LNBs then?

How difficult is the installation? Can I do it myself? Any links to installation manuals?

Does the SW-64 still have bugs with some of the newer models? Read it on a real old post.

So you would want to upgrade to the newer Dish pro plus? Is this true?

If you have 2 dishes the DPP Twin is perfect. All you need is the 1 twin and the second dish needs a DP Dual. You take 1 line from the dual and feed it into the input on the DPP Twin. It's like having a DP34 switch built right into the LNB.

I checked some instalation guides at satelliteone.com and according to it, I can connect a legacy receiver to a DPP twin as long as there ia at least one DP Plus receiver. It also says DP Plus is backward compatible with legacy receivers (both non-DP and non-DPP).

Actually you can use some legacy recievers on a DPPlus twin as long as their is a DPPlus receiver hooked up as well. Some of the receivers will not support it. Check this out this is what is compatible legacy wise with 3 orbital locations, no SD

Model # Software version
1000 800p & later
2000 712 & later
3000 806p & later
4000 811p & later
5000 815p & later
6000 780p & later
7100/7200 123p & later
27/28/3700 795p & later
38/3900 p230 & later
47/4900 p215 & later

The only ones compatible with SD are the27/28/3700, 38/3900 47/4900, and the 6000 with a DPP44

Hope this helps :rolleyes:

Arrgghh. A couple of people that should know better have said "DPPlus DUAL".

THERE IS NO SUCH THING - QUIT CONFUSING THE NEWBIES.

And Dave Nye has it partially right. What he meant to say is "it's like having a DPP32 switch built right into the LNB". And of course, :rolleyes: he meant to say that most Legacy boxes will work just fine as a 2nd receiver on the DPP Twin. ;)

harini0301, none of the receivers you listed are legacy, so there's no need to worry about that. The SW21, and therefore your LNBs, are indeed legacy, but that's not a problem for DishPro receivers (3-digit model). It's an issue when you want to connect a legacy receiver (4-digit model) to DishPro switch/LNB combos, you need a DP adapter or a DP Plus switch.

Since the DP Dual is one LNB and does not have a switch, there is no Plus version of it. It or a DP Single can be used to feed a DP Plus switch such as the DPP44 or ... DPP Twin. See the link in my sig. The example is legacy but holds true for DishPro. (Just had to jump on Simple Simon's bandwagon.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)