DPPTwin Discontinued?

PIMP_2

Original poster
Oct 16, 2006
I heard earlier this week that the DPP Twin will be discontinued (not available for order) for DNSC, retailer, and contractor installs, that they are trying to move some of the older legacy equipment out. Has anyone else heard this or is this just in my area? Because we just got 5 pallets of legacy equipment and a email that says legacy equipment must be installed for new connects. Thanks in advance for replys

Don't know where you're from. I'm close to Springfield Mo. here. We are having issues with DPP's too and having to use quads for many jobs. I hate it. I costs me a lot more cable, and a lot of new homes that are pre-wired have just about no way to do a good clean install without a DPP.
I find it hard to believe there is a shortage of the best LNB they make. I think it's more an issue of them having way too many DP's and needing to get rid of them, but they're not the ones doing the installs, so what do they care? ... just my opinion.

I think it has to do with many of them failing starting with LNB Drift, as the newer software releases indicate this alot anymore. Maybe most of them will have premature failure thus having too many costly service calls/replacement, and therefore don't want to use them anymore.

good point. Hadn't thought of that, but you may be right. Sure seems like a lot of LNB drift issues lately.

But not only DPP Twins are affected. People with DP Duals have those issues too. Some D1000 owners reported the 129 has drift, which is the Dual. Some even have all three of them going bad. Haven't heard of Legacy equipment having these issues.

Its nationwide atleast with the DNS facilities having to resort to using lnbfs other than the DPT and DPPT though they are only using them in the case of customer saves is what is being discussed in the installer zone ( another section that you can find here in satelliteguys.us )

Nothings being said as to why Dish is holding back on the use of the twins but there are a few instances of history that can lend to the reason's why.

Dish in the past has wanted come across storage units / containers in warehouses full of legacy equipment and they send them to the regional hubs and then onto the dns offices to push them out, in the process of doing this each office is informed to use the legacy equipment first and most of the legacy equipment thats going to these offices is refurbished items.

Dish also will push legacy equipment and horde newer DP and DPP equipment when there is something big in the works coming up such as a conversion or channel roll out requiring a wing dish or new dish type, a good example was with the 129 dish 1000 when it came out or rather before it. Dish had its offices hold back the DPPT's, DPD's, DPP44's, DP21's, and DPQ's and pushed facilities to use legacy equipment as much as possible, they later added the DP34 to this as well and it really created alot of havok.

I think it has to do with many of them failing starting with LNB Drift, as the newer software releases indicate this alot anymore. Maybe most of them will have premature failure thus having too many costly service calls/replacement, and therefore don't want to use them anymore.

It seems to me that DPP's have always been a pain in the ass. And if what you say is true, why can't they just fix them? It seems to me that the people designing this stuff are pretty sharp, surely they could make this stuff work right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)