DPPTwin -> DP Quad?

LER

Supporter / Pub Member / Server Weenie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2003
Round Rock, TX US
I had Southern Star out here today to try and peak my D1000 that always loses signal in even a light rain. The guy who came out said that the DPPTwin + DPP44 was a bad combo, and replaced the DPPTwin that was pointing at 110/119 with a DPQuad, and now my check switch seems faster, and the acquiring signal pop-ups don't seem to take as long.

Does this make sense to you folks that know the hardware better than me?

(I'll see what happens as we get into severe weather season here in Austin).

I think he said it was a DPPTwin (I remember it saying twin on the check switch, not sure if that was DP or DPP), but it now says Quad.

If you are using a dp plus twin its internal switch will always work against the dp 44's switch. The dp quad with one dp dual into the 44 switch is okay as long as the the dual is used for the 129 satellitte into the third port on the switch and one line from the dp quad feeds port one for 119 and port two for the 110 and make sure the power inserter is feeding port one on the switch for the receiver.

I was under the assumption you shouldn't use a DPPTwin and a DP44+

DP Twin yes but not DPP

Actually the only switch that should be used with a DPP Twin is the DPP44. The DP34 and DP21 should not be used with a DP Twin according to Dish. A DP Quad or DP Twin should be OK with a DPP44 switch. There's been a high rate failure with the DPP Twin lnbs and that's maybe the reason he wanted to replace it but most of them have been replaced by now.

Ok, if it was a DPPTwin, that would make sense. The idiots (before now), had 61.5 in port 1 (from a DPDual), 129 in port 2(from another DPDual), and 110 in 3, and 119 in 4 (from the DPPTwin).

Now it's 110 (I think) in port 1 from the quad, 119 in port 2(from the quad), 129 in port 3, and 61.5 in port 4.

Seems faster on the check switch, and the acquiring signal.

(I can't check it now, as I've got Recordings going on).

Thanks!

Technically you can use a DPP twin with a DPP44 but it does some strange things. I have seen many burned out, and just dont work. Swap to a DP twin and its works great. A DP quad should be fine as well.

The burn-out thing is what the Tech was saying.

Sounds like this guy did the right thing for me.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Ideally, though, four DP duals would be great. :D Funny thing is, the manual for the DPP44 switch says it will work with a DPP twin. I'll still only use a twin, but I've never had problems with an Integrated LNB from a 1000.2 dish (which is a Plus LNB).

Actually the only switch that should be used with a DPP Twin is the DPP44. The DP34 and DP21 should not be used with a DP Twin according to Dish. A DP Quad or DP Twin should be OK with a DPP44 switch. There's been a high rate failure with the DPP Twin lnbs and that's maybe the reason he wanted to replace it but most of them have been replaced by now.

It's best to use duals with all external switches. It will save yourself a lot of trouble in the future as far as equipment failure goes.

Equipment comes and goes. For the longest time it was use two duals, then DP Quad, then DP Twin, then don't use DPP Twin, use DP Quads.... just comes and goes. No telling what their doing now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)