Droid X Dishpointer settings

tpinck

SatelliteGuys Guru
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 4, 2006
I have the DroidX and have been using your app for sometime. However I have never been able to fine an explanation on the settings and how to use them. IE: Level inclination, level skew. What are they and how are they used?

I find that operating instructions are a bit scarce.

AlanSH

DishPointer.COM Admin
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 4, 2007
Hello tpinck,

The settings are for calibrarting the g-sensors. To check whether the sensors are off, point your phone in absolute landscape mode towards the horizon.
The value next to the crosshair should read 0.0. This value gives the current inclination of the phone. It should be zero when the camera is pointed at the horizon.
If it's not zero (marginally more or less), you can offset that in the app settings by changing the "inclination level" to this value.
The value underneath the crosshair should read -90.0 and tells you whether you are holding the phone in landscape or portrait mode or anything in between. If it doesn't read -90.0 you can offset that by entering the difference into the "skew level" box in the app settings.

rkassl

SatelliteGuys Family
Jun 16, 2004
Wisconsin
Ok I have checked the inclination and skew, they are very close, so how do you know if your compass is accurate? I have Android version 2.3.4, does anyone know if the big compass problem was actually fixed from 2.3.3?

I have a Dish Tailgater and when I shoot the shy with Dishpointer Pro I can see all three satelites, 110, 119, and 129. It is very difficult to lock on to 129 even though I can see with the augmented reality.

Any ideas?

AlanSH

DishPointer.COM Admin
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 4, 2007
If you locked on to the other satellites you can switch off the compass and move the sats with your finger so that the satellite directly over the lnb arm (119?) is at screen center. Now you should see if you have LOS on 129.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)