Dropping Voom and Billing Problems

HeavyC

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 20, 2004
Can anyone tell me if there are any steps I can take to protect myself from ongoing monthly charges if/when I decide to cancel VOOM service.

I'm really being pushed pretty close to dropping them. My local Mediacom provides just about everything I could want for nearly the same price as Voom (probably the exact same price once the January price increases take effect).

They have ESPN, Discovery, Bravo, HDNET 1&2, and most of the premiums in HD, all my locals in HD, they have my RSN, and they have an HD DVR available for 7.50 per month rental.

I'd miss the VOOM exclusives, but I honestly don't watch them. At this point, I'm probably switching unless VOOM shows me something in the next week. I want to protect myself from the billing nightmares.

billing solution

I cancelled my card that i gave to voom, because of billing issue that has since been resolved, I informed a CSR i had cancelled my CC and i was no longer willing to give them another CC, CSR stated without a CC on file i would be disconnected, and i responded by saying so bee it, then comes my billing cycle pay date, VOOM was still on, went to website to check my bill and it mentioned
Statement Date: Oct 19, 2004 Bill Provided As: Paper Bill .Payment Method: CASH
i went to the online question part of www.voom.com
Where do I mail payments or inquire about my bill?
Question

Where do I mail payments or inquire about my bill?
Answer

To send us a payment, please make your check or money order payable to VOOM and be sure to note your account number on it. VOOM's payment address is:
VOOM
c/o Bank One-Express Team
P.O. Box 830040
Baltimore, Maryland 21283-0040

If you have any questions about your bill, please call us at 1-800-GET-VOOM or send a letter to:
VOOM Customer Relations
ATTN: Billing Inquiry
200 Jericho Quadrangle
Jericho, NY 11753

hope this helps and not gets you cancelled it was a gamble i was willing to take

MR.C

Attachments

• votebush.jpg
    votebush.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 223
Well you can put me in the boat as another pro-Voomer that is going to be cancelling shortly (as soon as Mediacom confirms my house is wired up to the system). It really kills me to do it, but I'm not going to continue to wait on them to fix things.

I know I'll end up paying more for Mediacom in the long run, but they have all the features I'm looking for, all the channels I'm looking for (***cough*** RSN's anyone), and they have all the HD channels I actually watch (Discovery HD, ESPN-HD, Bravo-HD, HDNET1 & 2, HBO-HD, Starz-HD; etc).

I'll be paying about 5 dollars more a month with Mediacom, but I'm gaining 2 HD DVR's + an extra preimum channel + Comcast Sports Chicago. I lose the Voom exclusives, but I'm not watching them right now anyway. If they give me the satellite convert deal, I'll actually be saving 20 dollars a month over Voom for the first 16 months. By then DirecTV might have the HD ball rolling, and I can take advantage of some new subscriber deal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)