DS Lite sells 137k in 2 days in NA

I've NEVER seen anyone playing a handheld at the mall, and I don't have out at elementary schools, so this is a cultural phenomenon to me...

Though my cousin, about 6 years ago, had a gameboy and then INSISTED that he had to have a gameboy color...and then the gameboy slim I think was next, etc...They buy new gameboys just for the hell of it. The old one works fine, it's just so cheap that parents will buy new ones to shut the kid up.

I blame Gameboy for the downfall of our children. Low Test Scores, Completely socially ignorant, and little whores...I blame Gameboy =)>

To be honest I agree. I grew up under the oldschool Prussian-style education system and whereas I don't think that's the best approach - it can't do anything with kids with special talents in one field but average or bad in others, it can't really handle kids coming from broken families etc - but certainly much better the one I'm seeing here, in the US, this pathetic self-esteem pumping approach, without discipline, with unlimited freedom. It's not only the parents: part of this paradigm is when business takes priority over education and kids - hence the uncurbed cultural influence of gaming consoles, mobile or desktop, games and everything else. This is a big problem and I looking at this 100% corporation-driven government I don't see any chance for any paradigm-change here...
Also as I see around me if a kid comes from an educated background, parents usually much better at balancing learning, gaming, sports activities etc (ie only X minutes of TV per day, not unlimited, gaming only on weekends or setting up similar rules, so the kid won't be addicted to anything.)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)