DSL and Dish recievers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

stimpson

Miller Lite Tester
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
Benton, Arkansas
Ever since I had DSL activated I get the phone line not connected message on both my receivers. I used search for the issue. Found several posts, but no resolution. Most of the posts were old. Any new development or fixes for this?

Hook a phone with Caller ID to one of lines going to the receiver and call yourself or have someone else call and see if the caller id is showing up on the phone.

I moved this thread to see if it gets anymore responses.

Another silly question. Did you hook up a real phone to the line and listen? When I did the phone didnt work at all no matter how many times I fooled with the lines. Turns out the filter itself was bad. How that could happen to a filter I have no idea. But after I replaced it, no more problems.

But then, I also use a wireless with my other one (a 622) that has really bad static. Its a wiring problem I think because it depends on where its plugged in around the house. A common problem from what I hear. But its still able to dial out so the receiver must handle bad connections pretty well.

Filters do go bad. Also, some filters have a "direction", while others are two-way. You have to look close for a raised arrow or pictures describing which way is which.

Ever since I had DSL activated I get the phone line not connected message on both my receivers. I used search for the issue. Found several posts, but no resolution. Most of the posts were old. Any new development or fixes for this?
Ahh yes, those nasty little DSL filters..Gotta use 'em..If you telco didn't provide enough, call and ask for them. Or you may purchse them for a nominal price..

Phone jacks have been checked with another phone and caller id works as well. Caller id works on the 625. It will display on the tv just fine, but niether receiver will dial out.

FWIW, I have a Radio Shack wired (through the phone lines) transmitter/receiver connected to my 508 to receive the signal on the kitchen TV. After DSL was installed, my remotes no longer work on the 508 receiver unless I either disconnect the phone line from the transmitter or turn off the DSL modem. I can still change channels and turn on the receiver using the receiver itself. If I install a DSL filter on the line coming into the transmitter, the remotes will work, but the picture to the other TV becomes distorted. I do have a filter connected to the 508's call out phone jack, otherwise my remotes would not work at all (even before DSL). Dish receivers do not like DSL or phone lines.

I have a vip 622 and a 522 and have at&t DSL, filters are on all locations and my caller i.d. works fine and have no reciever problems that were mentioned , everything works normal! I don't think u mentioned whose DSL u had, don't know if that makes any difference, shouldn't, but u never no!

I have a vip 622 and a 522 and have at&t DSL, filters are on all locations and my caller i.d. works fine and have no reciever problems that were mentioned , everything works normal! I don't think u mentioned whose DSL u had, don't know if that makes any difference, shouldn't, but u never no!

I have AT&T DSL. The only thing the receivers wont do is call out. Everthing else works fine.

I had the same problem the instant we got local co dsl. I was never able to fix it and even got the phone co guy to drop by and check everything. I tried different types backwards and double filters with no result with the help of folks on this board. Must be a conflict thing going on. I do have a small town telephone company no one has ever heard of. In the end I contacted dish and went over it all with them. In the end jI called dish and went over all the diagnostics with no result. Must be they were nice enough to forgive the $5 surcharge as the wife says all we are paying is
the $5 DVR fee so cudos to Dish. :D I did leave the line connected as it always was but its still dead as a door nail.

Last edited:
I had the same problem the instant we got local co dsl. I was never able to fix it and even got the phone co guy to drop by and check everything. I tried different types backwards and double filters with no result with the help of folks on this board. Must be a conflict thing going on.

I'm thinking the same thing. The only other question I have is how the receiver updates. Is throught the phone line or down from the sat?

A Filter thought....

Will not help the original poster, but if you want to cut back on the number of filters.

Make use of that 2nd pair of phone lines. I don't have DSL so haven't tried this. But, it seems like it should work.

Take the filter to the phone junction box. Run a filtered phone line to the line 1 pair, and an unfiltered to the phone line 2 pair.

Now at the phone jacks use "line 1" for analog devices (telphones, PVR, Ans Machine, etc), and use "line 2" for the DSL modem (can get a Radio Shack adapter or rewire the jack).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)