DSR 410 Battery Replacement.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kb2kir

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 18, 2007
Norwich, NY
I need to replace the battery in my newly acquired 910.
I can find no procedure on Sat Guys .
The 922 has a cylindrical battery, and the 910 has a button cell, so the procedure for the 922 will not work.
Any ideas?

Time to change topic - just edit your first post here.

Perhaps you have a couple seconds to replace it, the are capacitors what should hold voltage for a few seconds.

Time to change topic - just edit your first post here.

Perhaps you have a couple seconds to replace it, the are capacitors what should hold voltage for a few seconds.

couldnt you just replace it while its still on??

im going to check the battery in my 905 since its 8 years old what should be a voltage threshold i need to replace it at?

I highy recommend changing the battery after recently losing a 922 to a battery shorting out a destroying the board.I bought another 922 and set it in for battery replacement.As I was told about every 6 years.

I wouldn't take the "6 years" as gospel - there are different batteries and some of them lasts three years at best (I'm based on 20+ years experience with computer motherboards ).

The battery is only being drawn on when the unit is unplugged. Life can last pretty long as long as it's been plugged in and away from excessively hot environments.

I wouldn't agree with you - those PC's batteries works in different conditions include 24/7 runs and cold spaces.
Life is full of variations, so don't try to procrastinate it in someone's boundaries. ;)

My Videocipher battery is still good and it's 16 years old. I kept it plugged in and in a cool environment. But then I knew the whole life of my unit. If you buy it used you have no idea of it's previous conditions. Then I would say change it ASAP. Usually lithium's are good 10 years under ideal conditions.

There is more scientific/engineering approach - measure Vbat while the receiver is not powered. No need to guess about history of the box and last time of the battery change.

Status
Please reply by conversation.